Pitch Block...

Wasn't there a post explaining how to get the transients from the non shifted block using an ADSR or Envelope controller and then dial that down when the pitch shifting works stable?
Think this might be possible to implement in the AX8 block.
You would have the latency on the other notes, though, but for me, if the pitch shifter works I "feel" no latency, so (correct me if I am wrong) awkward feeling originates from the initial attack latency.

Great, I'm not pro...I don't want to bring three or four guitars... I like to have a backup guitar because most pros do, and if I bring one a440 and one flat and backups for them, that's 4 guitars... I don't have roadies and the point of me going with the AX8 was to downsize, not bring more guitars and or gear... Thanks for the input though...

Not trying to be combative, just realistic.
I play regularly and bring what I need to get the job done.
Your needs may be different and that's cool...I wouldn't mind the update to the AX8 either, yet as I said...the Axe III just got it's pitch shifter upgraded and the AX8 may follow suit. At least that's been the pattern of late for Fractal. The firmware fro the Axe III is "beta" so I wouldn't expect anything for the AX8 until it's been a solid release for the Axe III...then I also have my hopes up.

Last edited:
Would be awesome but I’m not going to bank on it happening.

On the other hand, three months doesn’t feel like all that long to me.

Hi all friends , i m Fractal Audio Addict since a long time ago , pitch block , especially down step(s) , is the best improvement i m waiting for for sure .

Last edited:
Right, but the Axe II firmware has not been updated in 8 months. Not sure its going to happen...
Whoa!
Didn’t realize...
Thanks for clueing me in on that. My understanding from all the other posts is that Axe II normally get it first, then AX8. So guessing maybe this one should be written off at this point.

Back
Top Bottom