Pitch block whammy Need axe-pro advice!

Billbill

Power User
i need some help I can’t figure out this whammy block for the life of me. Im trying to do like a whammy in Marooned patch sounds good but the whammy has some screwiness going on. When I engage it it’s actually raising the pitch out of tune a few semi tones with my guitar even when it’s heel down (whammy off) position. I tinkered with the off set value set lowest and also the poly, off, and mono options as well as pitch source local and global- nothing work except lowering the track adjust parameter knob but then I get a strange intermodal type or weird distorted sound! What is going on here some please assist im lost and still suck at tweaking lol.

Last edited:
Should just be Classic Whammy in the Up 1 Octave mode. The Control parameter modifier's Min and Max values will set the upper and lower limits of the whammy effect. The default settings of 0% for Min and 100% for Max should be fine and give you the full 1 octave bend range. If your expression pedal is not going all the way up or down in that range (i.e. doesn't go all the way to 0% at toe up or 100% at toe down), you need to recalibrate your expression pedal.

Last edited:
Should just be Classic Whammy in the Up 1 Octave mode. The Control parameter modifier's Min and Max values will set the upper and lower limits of the whammy effect. The default settings of 0% for Min and 100% for Max should be fine and give you the full 1 octave bend range. If your expression pedal is not going all the way up or down in that range (i.e. doesn't go all the way to 0% at toe up or 100% at toe down), you need to recalibrate your expression pedal.
Ok I will check into that. My issue is on the toe up position whereas the whammy/octave are not present. it’s causing a slight drop in tuning

I agree with the others. It sounds as though your expression pedal isn’t calibrated and is giving something other than 0/100% at toe up/down. That few percent is moving the whammy a few cents from standard tuning.

Back
Top Bottom