Bug? Pitch Block Intelligent Harmony not initialising properly when Harmony set to 1

DaveWGuitar

I have been experiencing a problem with the Pitch Block and think it might be a bug.
I am using an intelligent Harmoniser with Voice 1 Harmony set to 1 (original pitch), and the Voice 2 level at 0 (I'm just using voice 1). It's an unusual configuration but I am using it in stepped mode with a long glide time and mix at 100% (no original signal). It's basically used as a pitch corrector for a lap slide that I play very badly!
The issue is that on power up there is a huge and variable latency (up to half a second) and the level is all over the place. I've tried loads of things including stripping out all other blocks and the only thing I found that solves it is changing the harmony to another pitch and back to 1. As soon as this is done the problem is gone for as long as the unit is switched on including changing patches. Seems like an initialisation bug but I'll leave that to the experts to decide.
My workaround is crude... I have one patch which is an OFF patch that stops all outputs. I always start on this patch so I've added the 2 Pitch Blocks to it and linked every Harmany setting to an LFO that constantly alters the harmony pitch. Crude but it works!
I think it's a bug but this is all based on best guess and trial and error so any pointers much appreciated.
I am using Quantum 10.01 (latest FW at time of writing).

Back
Top Bottom