Pitch Block - Inteligent Harmonizer Bug

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
For the setting of the voices 1 = unison instead of 0
1 up is 2
1 down is -2
It would also be good to see the actual value when controlling these with external controllers.

The numbers are probably intentional, corresponding to interval names for 7-note scales. 2 = second, 3 = third... 8 = octave. The Axe 1 is also like this.

Yep, just figured that out while trying to program my Gordius to be able to use one preset with harmonizer and switch keys and voices using external controllers.
I got confused because you can't set it to 0.
Setting it to 0 should in fact mute that voice.

Just to clarify, I'm trying to setup a harmonizer block so that I only have to make one preset and change key and voice 1 and 2 by attaching an external controller to change them.
But when setting the voice to 0 (because f.e. you only need one voice a third up or so), you get a bit of delay on the second voice.
By setting it to 0 it should effectively mute that voice so you don't have to set the mix to 0%.
i could attach another modifier to that value as well but that would be a waste.

You obviously didn't read my post well.

I know I could do this but that would be a waste of modifiers.
Since I got one attached to the voice already, setting it to 0 should mute it.

No, because it's an interval, 0 means unison and it's exactly what you expect from an interval.

You hear latence because there's the detuner algorythm other than the pitch shifting.

yes I know it's an interval and yes I know 0 is unison but if 0 would be available - which it isn't at the moment - it should mute the voice so that I shouldn't have to attach a modifier to it.
And it's exactly because of the latency that I want it turned off when choosing 0.

yes I know it's an interval and yes I know 0 is unison but if 0 would be available - which it isn't at the moment - it should mute the voice so that I shouldn't have to attach a modifier to it.
And it's exactly because of the latency that I want it turned off when choosing 0.

here is some toilet reading, as it looks like you have no knowledge of the Theory.... Interval (music) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For what you are wanting, I would set the pitch block mix to 100%, then set one pitch to the 1st interval (or root of the scale), and the 2nd pitch to whatever interval you are trying to use. Goto the advanced tab and adjust delay, mix, panning and volume of each pitch so if you want the 1st muted just turn the volume all the down. I experience no latency using the pitch block.

Your remark about a waste of modifiers is interesting, there are 16 modifiers available per preset, 384 presets available at any given time. If you've run out of mods, then maybe you should consider splitting up your presets instead of trying to cram it all into one. If you are worried about spillover between presets, then use global blocks for those blocks.

it looks like you have no knowledge of the Theory.
Thank you but I know a little bit if not enough.
I've been using harmonizers since way back when the Eventide and the Digitech IPS33 were introduced.
But they worked either with semitones or with intervals according to the scales used.
I should however have read the manual.
It is important to recognize that this is NOT a “semitones” control but a specification of which note in thescale should be used. To hear how it works, or to audition any scale, set the KEY to “G,” play the open G string and change the HARMONY value. Compare IONIAN (MAJ) to AEOLIAN (MIN) in this way and you’ll get the idea.If the current scale contains more or less than seven notes,not including the tonic,(diminished, whole tone,custom, etc.),you may need to use your ears or do a bit of math to identify how its degrees play out over multiple octaves.

And thank you but I don't need you to tell me how to organize my presets.
There are indeed 16 modifiers but my intention is to use one modifier for one function as not to make things too confusing.
This way I only need a list of the sixteen modifiers with their respective functions. otherwise I would need a list of every modifier for every preset.
I'm a bit of a simpleton. ;)
I'm using ten of them now, so yes, I have a few more left over to use.
But I just thought it could be convenient to switch off when using unison instead of having to set the mix to 0%

As far as the number of presets are concerned.
I could make a new preset for every change in key and/or voice(s) but with my system I only need one per amp type.
I used about twenty already and can now do it with one. Except for the fact that when I'm using only one voice, instead of two I need to attach a modifier to set the mix of that voice to 0%.

Is your wish mostly for ease of controller setup, not concern for running out of modifiers/CPU on the Axe? (Limit on the II is 24 not 16 BTW.)

You could do this now via one CC with a level modifier that rises steeply in the lower value range, and a voice shift modifier that rises after level reaches 100%. So 0 value would mute the voice and something like 10-127 (or any range within) would be at full level and sweep through all of the shift values.

Ease of controller setup.
And I only see 12 in the CTRL tab of the I/O page
If I could figure out the sysex, I could do it that way.
I've done it to set the tempo and change the rate of the delay.

Ease of controller setup.
And I only see 12 in the CTRL tab of the I/O page

12 External controllers. What I meant is a preset can have 24 total modifiers--some source assigned to some parameter, each one taking a spot at the Control: Modifiers page. If you assign one Ext Ctrl to voice shift & level you can choose any interval or mute it by using modifier settings similar to these:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/66/4kyj.png

Ah OK.
I see what you mean now.
When using one voice, I could pan voice1 center and set the level of voice2 to 0
When using two voices, i could set the pan of voice one to 25% and the level of voice two to 100%

Back
Top Bottom