Pitch Block for Making Bass Sound Like Guitar

MattSkillet9

Hey everyone.

I’ve had to simulate guitar from bass for a couple gigs lately, similar to what the band Royal Blood does. The idea is to split the signal; one with normal bass settings and the other having the octave raised up 1 whole octave and then adding a 5th (you would of course also dial out the normal octave here and run into a guitar amp). I have a bi-amp setup currently, but I’m looking to simplify. I'd like to do the guitar side all in a unit. Before I ask this, I have a splitter and a bass rig I’m happy with. So for this question, I don’t need to run two rigs within a modeler: I am looking to only use a modeler to run the “guitar side.”

With that being said, can the FM3 raise the bass octave up one and add a fifth above that note? I have read that the AX8 and Axe II, as well as the Helix, have struggled with pitch shifting. Has anyone used the pitch block on the newer Fractal units on bass and can it work well for what I want? Can I run this chain of octaves and end with a guitar amp and cab? Most importantly, does it track well?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom