Pitch block for Drop C tuning

Anese

Hello everyone
I've been trying to play some Dethklok stuff on my guitar by using pitch block to drop my tuning down to C.
i tried to to find some vids on youtube to figure how i can do that but i couldn't really find something helpful and straight forward.
so please help.
Thanks

Thanks
I first tried with the fixed harmony type before i asked here... but my mistake was that i left the Mix at 25%.
Now it sounds a lot better, but it feels like there's still some room to make it sound even better. any recommendations about that ?
or maybe if there's a certain kind of amps or tone that would sound greater with pitch block down tuning than with other amps ?

thanks again

Pitch block before amp block
Fixed Harmony type
Voice 2 Level to 0
Voice 1 Level 100
Mix 100
Pitch -4

Thanks
I first tried with the fixed harmony type before i asked here... but my mistake was that i left the Mix at 25%.
Now it sounds a lot better, but it feels like there's still some room to make it sound even better. any recommendations about that ?
or maybe if there's a certain kind of amps or tone that would sound greater with pitch block down tuning than with other amps ?

thanks again
is the pitch block before the amp block?

detuning the guitar digitally is challenging for any system. you also detune the transients, so you lose the high end clarity. some people use special tricks to keep those transients normal, but i haven't had great success with it on any system.

This is one of my favorite features on the Axe. It works really well when the guitar volume is full but it struggles (at times) when I roll back the volume. Either way, its a lot easier "down tuning" via Pitch than down tuning or swapping guitars.

Either way, its a lot easier "down tuning" via Pitch than down tuning or swapping guitars.

it's easier but it sounds less. Detuning to C with the pitch block will give some latency and artifacts. If you can live with that no problem.

Thanks

thanks again

I've used the pitch block in the Axe, I've used the Drop section in my Whammy DT. In my experience, and this from the guy who always says he does not have the Golden Ears of the Gods, they are no substitute for actually tuning down your guitar. I notice it the difference. I'm also 100% sure that the audience will never notice it, because they never pay attention to guitar tone anyway. So the question becomes, how much will it bother you?

it's easier but it sounds less. Detuning to C with the pitch block will give some latency and artifacts. If you can live with that no problem.
I agree completely. I use pitch down tuning when playing/practicing songs with my headphones on. I always tune down when recording or playing live.

I usually add some gain when using the pitch block to drop the tuning. The "track adjust" control is good for fixing latency issues but you'll have to mess around with it for a while probably :)

To be honest the virtual capo mode doesn’t give me a total satisfaction to my ears.
I spent a lot of time trying to tweaked it.
Depending on latency, tracking and transients, it seems to be difficult to do a digital algorithm on it.

For the audience and a mix context it may do the job.

I’ve tested a digitech drop pedal of a friend of mine and it’s sound much better and accurate imo.
Maybe a faspice improvement can be do on this block to reach the digitech level.
it would be cool to improve it if it's possible.

Last edited:
after experiencing with the pitch block for drop tuning and from what i can hear, it's totally fine to use it for gigging and jam sessions but i dont think anybody would use it for actual recording..
however, even when jamming, it would sound fine for playing Riffs and Chords but when it comes to bending and vibrato you will hear some obvious unwanted shifts in the pitch, i dont know if there's a way or technique to minimize this effect but if anybody does know a trick for this then please enlighten us.
Thanks

@Anese A lot of people have been bringing this issue up for years now and I don't think there is a solution. I think the Pitch block is more suited as a harmonizer rather than a downtune effect.

Back
Top Bottom