Pitch Blk chorus type effect

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I know some people use the pitch blk to pull of a chorus type effect. What are the suggested settings to pull that off?

Use Detune mode. Try Voice 1 at +6 cents and Voice 2 at -6 cents. Adjust pitch block mix to get the amount of chorus sound you want. Adjust the amount of detune and/or relative voice levels to change the chorus character.

Last edited:
How do you set the panning for this effect guys? Leave it straight up the middle or pan the detuned voices out a bit?

Love using the pitch block for chorus type fx. I set the voices to +9/-9 and mix around 25% for that EVH Balance album type of modulation. Love it.

using any delay? Pretty low mix too very tool man thx
Not using delay in the pitch block but use a delay block in my leads. I keep the pitch block on all the time for my rhythms and leads. I run my grid in a serial setup. I keep the pitch block mix for my rhythms around 25-26% and raise it to about 29% for leads.

I only use the +9/-9 numbers because I read that those were the settings Eddie used on his rig. I gave it a try and really liked it. Been using that setting for years now. I originally tried it with my stereo rig when I was using a G-System and EVH amps. I carried it over to my Fractal rigs in stereo and it still sounds great.

I only use the +9/-9 numbers because I read that those were the settings Eddie used on his rig. I gave it a try and really liked it. Been using that setting for years now. I originally tried it with my stereo rig when I was using a G-System and EVH amps. I carried it over to my Fractal rigs in stereo and it still sounds great.
I will try it out. I added a hair of delay first time I tried it (really low amount) and it sounded cool. I also run it in parallel vs series

Im having this wierd problem. I have my detune set the same way with all my I/O set to stereo but when i pan detune hard l and r, it thins out. When i pan to center, it seems like it's acutally stereo. It doesnt matter whether i use output 1 to feed my studio monitors or headphones. Same result.

I just posted my Balance era Vh preset. Took some of Mark Day's tips. Balance EVH is the name. Haven't made a clip yet. Don't know much VH right now

Back
Top Bottom