Pirate midi BRIDGE 6

I preordered one. It seems like it'll work with Axe FX without any issues and is hopefully an "affordable" alternative. After ordering, Simon G. quickly sent me some info on how to utilize the Bridge6 with the FM3. I have no idea how to work with MIDI but it seems easy enough to figure out. Due to a chips shortage, preorders have been delayed but it sounds like the devs are using the time to add additional features in time for launch.

Well organized site. Would like to see a 12 switch version (10 with up/down). An interim manual would be nice so we can get past the marketing and into how it works. Didn't see any conditional logic implementation or midi commands list. They are thinking a lot less limited than other boards doing midi. Would like to see Fractal open up more switch capability like these guys are.

I ordered one. Tried to find a morningstar but unlucky and no eta i'm completely new to midi was it difficult to setup ?

I ordered one. Tried to find a morningstar but unlucky and no eta i'm completely new to midi was it difficult to setup ?
PM is good. The editor is cool and they will add scripts as needed. I personally use a MS Mc8 and it is also very good. The only downside is that there is limited midi with AF with no midi out. I mostly use midi with some other devices.

PM is good. The editor is cool and they will add scripts as needed. I personally use a MS Mc8 and it is also very good. The only downside is that there is limited midi with AF with no midi out. I mostly use midi with some other devices.
It does have a midi in and out though you need a TRS to DIN Lead. Does anyone have any info on how to utilize the Bridge6 with the Axe FxIII

Last edited:
Unfortunately they didn't have any templates/scripts for the axefx3. I receive the pirate midi controller tomorrow i have a couple of weeks off so i'll be working on it and sharing what i work out.

Unfortunately they didn't have any templates/scripts for the axefx3. I receive the pirate midi controller tomorrow i have a couple of weeks off so i'll be working on it and sharing what i work out.

Hi! Any updates? Since Morningstar rarely available, interested in Pirate MIDI due to size.

Hi! Any updates? Since Morningstar rarely available, interested in Pirate MIDI due to size.
To be honest unfortunately i struggled to get it to work the way i wanted it to, due to me being completey new to midi and losing my patience with it. So i ordered the FC-12. I was hoping they would have the axefx3 in their bridge 6 editor device library as they have so many listed. Its a very advanced clever piece of gear and priced very well. If you understand how midi works and have the time to make a template from scratch i'm sure you will be very happy with it. The bridge 6 is well supported by Simon and the team for so many other modellers but limited with the support they can give on AXE-III, FM9, FM3.

Back
Top Bottom