Pink Noise hand meter + block

Chiguete

Experienced
Ok so this will would be something that would work for the AX8 and Axe-FX:

If you would make a Pink Noise hand meter that you would use to measure how the PA of the venue you are playing changes the signal coming out of the units then you could insert that info in to the AX8 of Axe-FX as a final effects block that would serve as a general eq to compensate how the PA will change the tone in that venue.

I think this would be awesome because you wouldn't need the sound guy to even touch the eq on his board!

BTW, I'm posting this here because I will be getting an AX8 soon :)

The problem with this idea is that the sound of a PA will generally be extremely different in different parts of the room. The room will also change dramatically when it fills with people. I'd trust a good sound guy more than a tool.

That is true for the sound guy but I'm more concern that what happends when I plug in to different speakers or PA equipment. Since this units are build for FRFR speakers the idea is to recreate the sound just like it comes out of the unit but all FRFR speakers sound different, so this would only be to at least make the sound initially coming out of the speakers to be as close to what it should be and then changes can be made depending on the room.

For example, if I go with a normal amp to play at different gigs the amp sound straight out of the amps speaker will be the same (in theory) and of course the room will change that sound and you should compensate (thats another different problem) but since we are plugging straight in to PA equipment my idea is to at least the signal coming out of the Fractal units will have an initial compensation with eq to help the sound coming out of the speakers be constant even tho speakers are getting change from time to time.

Maybe it needs to allways get measured at the same distant? 5 feet? I don't know, but I think it would help even people playing at their house and then at a friends house thru different speakers.

The problem with this idea is that the sound of a PA will generally be extremely different in different parts of the room. The room will also change dramatically when it fills with people. I'd trust a good sound guy more than a tool.
Did you just call @Chiguete a tool? :D

That's the job of the sound guy. Digital consoles do have a pink and/or white noise generator for this purpose to equalize the room. When that's done then the FOH sound should be as close to an ideal FRFR system as possible.

That's the job of the sound guy. Digital consoles do have a pink and/or white noise generator for this purpose to equalize the room. When that's done then the FOH sound should be as close to an ideal FRFR system as possible.
Well that might be true but as we all know "sound guys" a lot of the time are not really doing their job... plus like I said before this is something that one could use when going to a practice studio or just playing thru the rig of a friend at home.

Back
Top Bottom