Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb (PULSE) Preset

hyunil

Hi,

Back with a modified version of my previous Comfortably Numb preset. This time, I've adjusted it to match David Gilmour's setting from PULSE. Most information on the settings are from gilmourish.com, and the photos of Gilmour's settings I was able to fetch off Google.

I tried A/B'ing it to the actual track and I think it sounds pretty convincing other than my sloppy fingers.

The preset is built based on my Fibenare TQ Roadmaster '56 which is a telecaster with hotter pickups. You might need to adjust the EQ stack of the preset to match your guitar. * The preset is now updated with factory cabinets except for the scene 1 where I use guitar body IR for acoustic simulation.

Hope you enjoy it.

* Go to scene 2 and 3 for distorted solo tones. (2 w/o the comp, 3 w/ the comp)

** The preset is now in its final version. I think it sounds pretty incredible, after a few live gigs with it :)

Attachments

• Comfortably Numb.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Here's a renewed version. Except for the scene 1, this preset uses a factory cabinet for the lead tone. Cab Y (Scene 1) includes a guitar body IR which I can't remember where I got from. This one is configured in stereo to match Gilmour's PULSE settings - chorus and rotating speaker on the left channel, and delay + dry on the right.

Attachments

• Comfortably Numb.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 182
Here's a renewed version. Except for the scene 1, this preset uses a factory cabinet for the lead tone. Cab Y (Scene 1) includes a guitar body IR which I can't remember where I got from. This one is configured in stereo to match Gilmour's PULSE settings - chorus and rotating speaker on the left channel, and delay + dry on the right.
Hi i loved you first preset, just downloaded your updated version but there's no sound, any ideas?

Thanks
Dom

Hi i loved you first preset, just downloaded your updated version but there's no sound, any ideas?

Thanks
Dom

Hello Dom,

The first scene of the preset won't give you any sound because you are not setup with the Guitar Body IR I have set up with it. You could replace it with any factory or user cabinet to suite your taste. Scene 2 and 3 for leads use factory cabs, so you shouldn't have such problem.

Other than that, I've removed the FX Loop block from the newest version, and the preset is now fully stereo. You might want to check the balance settings of each blocks if you're not using stereo setup.

Hope this helps.

Hello Dom,

The first scene of the preset won't give you any sound because you are not setup with the Guitar Body IR I have set up with it. You could replace it with any factory or user cabinet to suite your taste. Scene 2 and 3 for leads use factory cabs, so you shouldn't have such problem.

Other than that, I've removed the FX Loop block from the newest version, and the preset is now fully stereo. You might want to check the balance settings of each blocks if you're not using stereo setup.

Hope this helps.
Thanks sounds excellent

Hi,

Back with a modified version of my previous Comfortably Numb preset. This time, I've adjusted it to match David Gilmour's setting from PULSE. Most information on the settings are from gilmourish.com, and the photos of Gilmour's settings I was able to fetch off Google.

I tried A/B'ing it to the actual track and I think it sounds pretty convincing other than my sloppy fingers.

The preset is built based on my Fibenare TQ Roadmaster '56 which is a telecaster with hotter pickups. You might need to adjust the EQ stack of the preset to match your guitar. * The preset is now updated with factory cabinets except for the scene 1 where I use guitar body IR for acoustic simulation.

Hope you enjoy it.

* Go to scene 2 and 3 for distorted solo tones. (2 w/o the comp, 3 w/ the comp)

** The preset is now in its final version. I think it sounds pretty incredible, after a few live gigs with it :)

Back
Top Bottom