Pink Floyd's Cluster One (full mix)

kengtin

Hi folks,

I brought my usual stuff it a few notches down to pay this tribute. To get a nice clean, fat "Gilmourish" tone is really difficult. This Strat has the EMG DG-20 setup and I'm only using the SPC control about 1/3 - 1/2 up. The patch is based on the JR Blues model, here it is: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4726

On a personal note, that's my daughter on the piano. It's incredible to finally be able to work on some Pink Floyd together.

Hope you dig it! Comments are welcome

Last edited:
Well done and what a great moment. I'd love to share a PF tune with my daughter....
Congrats to both of you

very cool, relaxing and emotional.
Congrat's to your daugther too for this video and her work.
she is very young but is already very talented. She has obviously inherited the genes of his father.

Hi folks,

I brought my usual stuff it a few notches down to pay this tribute. To get a nice clean, fat "Gilmourish" tone is really difficult. This Strat has the EMG DG-20 setup and I'm only using the SPC control about 1/3 - 1/2 up. The patch is based on the JR Blues model, I don't have it at hand at the moment, if anyone is interested please ping me and I'll share it ASAP.

On a personal note, that's my daughter on the piano. It's incredible to finally be able to work on some Pink Floyd together.

Hope you dig it! Comments are welcome

Hello kentin,
thanks for the video
I love Pink Floyd ....
what kind of Stratocaster uses?

Really good. Great sounds. One in the eye for the anti-EMG police. Still the best pickups IMO.

Thanks, well I built this guitar years ago precisely based on Gilmour's red strat (which is the best era for me) and this is how he used it back then along with the active controls. I just couldn't get the Candy Apple red finish haha

Hello kentin,
thanks for the video
I love Pink Floyd ....
what kind of Stratocaster uses?

Back then I simply "copied" what I read from Gilmour's gear which was Fender Strat 57' reissue with EMG-SA pickups + EXG + SPC controls... eventually packed up into the so called DG-20 setup. I found that the reissue is too vintage for my taste (e.g. the frets were too small, hard to bend, etc.), I later read that Gilmour's "reissue" was heavily modded. To be more comfortable I had mine re-fretted with extra jumbo ones and added the Bladerunner tremolo which is KILLER even smoother than a Floyd.

Thanks again every one for the positive vibe!!!

Sharing music with kids is deeply rewarding- nice song selection and really nice execution. It will make me curious to check out the Jr Blues amp that I have more or less ignored.

Back
Top Bottom