AFIII Pink Floyd - Time - Solo Cover

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
Well…it’s a crazy time we are all experiencing right now, and we are being absolutely devastated here in Vegas as this town runs on tourism and entertainment. All shows/entertainment/conventions etc are closed and on hold here for the foreseeable future and almost everyone I know is now out of work.
So I just wanted to get my mind off of everything and record this solo that I started working on with a few of my students. It’s a bit of a departure from the typical guitar stuff I post, but this is such a great solo by the amazing Dave Gilmour in the Pink Floyd classic “Time” off the Dark Side of the Moon album.
I recorded the audio using my Suhr Modern (neck pickup split) and Axe-Fx III into Logic Pro X with no post processing, and got the backing track off of youtube. Video is a playthrough, audio was recorded first. Preset I used was the same one I made for my TSO covers which you can find here on the forum, all I did was drop the gain down to 2.6. Wasn't going for an exact tone, just had fun with this one.
What is everyone else playing to help distract from the reality of the world right now?

So I just wanted to get my mind off of everything and record this solo that I started working on with a few of my students. It’s a bit of a departure from the typical guitar stuff I post, but this is such a great solo by the amazing Dave Gilmour in the Pink Floyd classic “Time” off the Dark Side of the Moon album.
Sometimes people don't get the joy we get being able to play guitar, I think you demonstrated that pretty well. :) Great playing too. Rock and roll man!

Back
Top Bottom