Pink Floyd presets

DLC86

Fractal Fanatic
Hi everybody, I'm starting this thread to share some floydian presets I've created and others I will make. Obviously if someone wanna post his ones is welcomed. Please let me know what you think about if you try them, I'm a new axe fx user and I'm open to suggestions and critics.
Here is one I just made for Echoes (with a surprise):
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Echoes - by dlc86
Here are other 2 I published a few days ago:
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Shine - by dlc86
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Mother (solo) - by dlc86
See descriptions, I hope you like them

Great idea, I've never been able to get a good Floyd tone from the AxeFX, mainly because of my own limitations rather than the AFX of course! I tried the Echoes preset, it's very cool especially the 'surprise' :)

Thanks, I'm glad there's someone interested! I've been chasing those tone for a few years, since I made a tribute band I've bought and built a lot of gilmourish gear, but I feel I've never got as close as with the axe fx.. The sound is still not 100% there but more in the ballpark than ever. And I had it for less than a month, it can only gets better!
Other presets will come soon. Cheers!

Nice job - I really liked the surprise on Echoes. It was what I was hoping the surprise would be but even more surprised at how well it works! :) Thanks for posting these. I look forward to trying additional Pink Floyd / Gilmour presets posted on this thread. It is my favorite band / guitar hero, and I love playing the music but I can never create a PF preset of my own that I'm fully satisfied with.

Isnt echoes a song with David G and Syd singing? at least on that trippy pompeii video i believe it is David and Syd... nice harmonies!

haha...No that is much later. Syd only appeared on the first album and some of the second. But his spirit lived on in the the early records. Love the Pompeii video though.
I don't like the Floyd from after Animals so much. Although The Wall has some nice songs, but not all. After Animals they lost that psychedelic Syd vibe and Roger Waters took over.

That's right!
Anyway I've never tried to replicate syd's tone, but it shouldn't be that difficult.. just take a telecaster, the tape echo block of the echoes preset and find an amp on the axe that sounds similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIER8JSz9sA

I like that! It is not so easy as it seems to get that sound out of the Axe. I have a bit trouble getting that raw 'raunchy' unpolished sound out of the Axe. Somehow it stays too neat or to 'gainy'. But that might be because I don't know how to set the amps for this sound. (Careful with that Axe fx! :))

Last edited:
haha...No that is much later. Syd only appeared on the first album and some of the second. But his spirit lived on in the the early records. Love the Pompeii video though.
I don't like the Floyd from after Animals so much. Although The Wall has some nice songs, but not all. After Animals they lost that psychedelic Syd vibe and Roger Waters took over.

I like that! It is not so easy as it seems to get that sound out of the Axe. I have a bit trouble getting that raw 'raunchy' unpolished sound out of the Axe. Somehow it stays too neat or to 'gainy'. But that might be because I don't know how to set the amps for this sound. (Careful with that Axe fx! :))
I've experimented a bit and got this, I think it's quite close. You can try to tweak low resonance in the speaker page and character to fine-tune. let me know how it sounds to you
View attachment Syd.syx

Ps: consider that I don't have a tele, i made it using a strat bridge pickup. You can also experiment with the tone frequency parameter and changing power tubes.

Pps: I'm not Eugene btw! :D

Last edited:
I saw Brit Floyd a couple of nights ago and they were getting amazing spot-on tones out of their Axe-FX's. I wish they would offer their presets for sale at their merchandise stand! If you have a chance, I highly recommend going to see them. They are basically using the light and screen rig from the last 2 PF concerts in the late 80's/90's and many of the same background videos. It was a great show and the music and singing was about as close as it can get to the original. So, "is there anybody out there" that has some great Floyd or Gilmour presets they'd like to share?

I saw Brit Floyd a couple of nights ago and they were getting amazing spot-on tones out of their Axe-FX's. I wish they would offer their presets for sale at their merchandise stand! If you have a chance, I highly recommend going to see them. They are basically using the light and screen rig from the last 2 PF concerts in the late 80's/90's and many of the same background videos. It was a great show and the music and singing was about as close as it can get to the original. So, "is there anybody out there" that has some great Floyd or Gilmour presets they'd like to share?

I saw Brit Floyd twice !
I spoke with Damian after the show and he uses only some functionalities of the Axe, Bobby uses the Axe with Amp modeling, but he was not there to explain more.
I gave Damian my email address and wish Bobby will send me one or more presets, but he didn't...

But, i can share my Wall presets (Axe FXII - FW18.04)

Attachments

• The Wall Clean.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Gilmour Rotary Lead (1).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Renwick PULSE Lead (1).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 172
Back
Top Bottom