AFIII Presets Pink Floyd presets pack - Fremen

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
The Axe-Fx III versions of my Pink Floyd presets are now available !

These 21 presets (+26 alternate versions) covers 26 Pink Floyd songs : Another brick in the wall Pt 1 & 2, The happiest days of our lives, Breathe, Comfortably numb, Echoes, Goodbye blue sky, Have a cigar, Hey you, High hopes, In the flesh, Marooned, Money, Mother, On the turning away, Run like hell, Shine on you crazy diamond, The final cut, The great gig in the sky, Time, Us and them, Any color you like, Brain damage/Eclipse, Wish you were here & Young lust (with the Sorrow intro).

The video above was the last step before I finalized them. After releasing it I decided to review a few things, including the acoustic tones (typo in the Youtube thumbnail ; it's for the III, not the II ;) )

They evolved a lot, I mean, A LOT, from the Axe-Fx II versions, which I used in this show :

After converting them with Fractool, I revamped almost everything, and also added presets for songs that my cover band didn't play before. "The Mauritian tribute to Pink Floyd" is currently rehearsing for its next big show, and it was an opportunity for me to test the sounds at full band volume (we have a huge rehearsal studio !). So over the weeks, I was able to put these presets near to perfection, with the feedback from the rehearsals. Like I said above, the final step was to record myself playing all the songs from start to finish over backing tracks... and then reamp the DI track of my performance through the presets again, with critical listening only possible when not playing, for the final tweaks.

Get them here :
https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/axe-fx-iii-the-pink-floyd-pack/

Updates for this pack will be forever free. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I loved making them and now love playing them !

The rotary tones sound really well dialed in... given Gilmour used the RA-200 and then the Doppola’s, it’s alwaus been a bit of a different sound than the typical Leslie style cabinet, not easy to match but you’ve gotten as close as anything I’ve heard

I’ll have to pick these up

Been messing with Breathe and Time. Both stellar. Changed Breathe slide Vol block to auto swell. Very nice.

I also changed the Whammy in Breathe scene 3 to go up an octave with ext P to get those high pedal steel slides.

Last edited:
The rotary sounds are dialed in quite well. Has a nice throbby sound.
Breathe, Have a Cigar, Run Like Hell were fun to play on tonight.
I like it. I will be using some of these presets even when I'm not playing Pink Floyd.

Last edited:
Been messing with Breathe and Time. Both stellar. Changed Breathe slide Vol block to auto swell. Very nice.

I also changed the Whammy in Breathe scene 3 to go up an octave with ext P to get those high pedal steel slides.
You can also copy that scene over an unused one, use another channel of the pitch block and keep the +2 pitch bend :)

These presets are THE Best Floyd patches. Buy them now and you will not be sorry. They cover all the best tunes. Echoes is quite fun. Shine On is spot on! Lovely and authentic.

I still haven’t gotten around to ordered, but look forward to playing with the compressor settings.

I still have an old Boss CS2 I use for Floyd stuff, just had a certain color to the tone, perhaps due to its buffered circuit as much as anything.

Sounds great into my big muffs and on its own it does a fantastic Gilmour clean. Wouldn’t mind getting it out of the chain though. Never really got the comp block to sound right but these patches sound really spot on so hoping there are some nicely dialed in comp settings

I may not be able to reply to any query in the next 24/48 hours, but don't worry... (I'm in the second island from the left)

48405688_1337077393099258_2139258227282411520_n.jpg

A question while you are in the eye of the storm ;)
I assume there are some organ, synth sound kind of drones going on here and there? Are these to standard pitch?
Think I remember that you are half step down usually

A question while you are in the eye of the storm ;)
I assume there are some organ, synth sound kind of drones going on here and there? Are these to standard pitch?
Think I remember that you are half step down usually
Not in this pack, which is meant for conventional playing, with a band. However I'm doing a synth/drone pack for sure

Last edited:
These presets are THE Best Floyd patches. Buy them now and you will not be sorry. They cover all the best tunes. Echoes is quite fun. Shine On is spot on! Lovely and authentic.
Thanks ! Getting authentic Pink Floyd tones is tricky, specially that studio and live tones differ. I do a little bit of both, but gives priority to live versions because that's what works the best for my own tribute band and, I imagine, for everyone else

The Axe-Fx III versions of my Pink Floyd presets are now available !

These 21 presets (+26 alternate versions) covers 26 Pink Floyd songs : Another brick in the wall Pt 1 & 2, The happiest days of our lives, Breathe, Comfortably numb, Echoes, Goodbye blue sky, Have a cigar, Hey you, High hopes, In the flesh, Marooned, Money, Mother, On the turning away, Run like hell, Shine on you crazy diamond, The final cut, The great gig in the sky, Time, Us and them, Any color you like, Brain damage/Eclipse, Wish you were here & Young lust (with the Sorrow intro).

Awesome presets, but when ever I go to your website it only offers them in bristish pounds. How do I buy them in U.S. Dollars ?

Back
Top Bottom