Pink Floyd Pompeii (several songs)

How hard is it to set up shop and record in a place like that? I've always wanted to do something similar with my own band (we play original music). I live relatively close to the German border and the German town of Xanten which also has a roman amphitheater. Could you tell me what kind of logistics are involved? How many days were you guys busy to set everything up? That sort of thing.

By the way, I love your previous recording of Atom Heart Mother. I like it that you guys also do some of the older experimental stuff too. Most tribute band only seem to do Dark Side of the Moon and upwards, neglecting the more experimental early years.

I was hoping that during Echoes the guitarist would do the seagull section (reverse the input/output of the wah), but the fade out was done well.

Also, pretty cool doing that in a Roman Ampitheater.

Thank you! :)
Adinfinitum, yes, I did the seagull section with the reverse wah. The wah is in my rack, where I keep the Axes.

I've built a couple of guitars that had an internal crybaby circuit just so I could do those seagull screams. I could reverse the in- and outputs with the flick of a switch. I did have to add a volume trimpot on the reverse return because those screams are LOUD!

Last edited:
Thank you!!!
Muad'zin, as you can imagine it's all a lot of work.
I wrote a "making of", you will find answers here:

http://pinktones.net/segobriga/pinktones-segobriga-en.html

I play original music too, I spend 90% of my time with it, I made the Pink Tones as a side project (which I enjoy very very much of course too):

Thanks! Hopefully you guys will play in the Netherlands, I'd love to see you guys perform. And bring Angela with you. Her vocal solo in Atom Heart Mother gives me goosebumps.

Back
Top Bottom