Pink Floyd Pompeii (several songs)

psst

Inspired

Here we are playing a couple of months ago at a Roman Amphitheatre, several Pink Floyd songs:

Echoes
Set the Controls For The Heart of the Sun
Time
A Saucerful of Secrets
The Great Gig in the Sky
One Of These Days
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts I-IX)
Brain Damage / Eclipse
Atom Heart Mother
Wish You Were Here

All guitars through two AXE-II, bass through Ultra.

I was hoping that during Echoes the guitarist would do the seagull section (reverse the input/output of the wah), but the fade out was done well.

Also, pretty cool doing that in a Roman Ampitheater.

Weird, I have to listen again. I thought you played Half of Echoes (until the middle jam section) and then went into Set The Controls. Well, that means I have to watch again! I've been on a sort PF tribute band kick. Brit Floyd did a excellent version of dogs (mt favorite PF song).

That was very cool and a great performance. Live at Pompeii is one of my two all time favorite concert videos.

Would have been funny if you cut in a scene with the band eating at a diner, getting ready for the show!

Wonderful - Thanks :)
Pauly

Here we are playing a couple of months ago at a Roman Amphitheatre, several Pink Floyd songs:

Echoes
Set the Controls For The Heart of the Sun
Time
A Saucerful of Secrets
The Great Gig in the Sky
One Of These Days
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts I-IX)
Brain Damage / Eclipse
Atom Heart Mother
Wish You Were Here

All guitars through two AXE-II, bass through Ultra.

Hey psst,

Over the weekend you received the ultimate compliment.

We had friends over and I dragged them into the music room to watch your video. At the end, my friends wife said 'I dont beleive that was live because it was just too good' :) Thought you might want to hear that one.

Have a great day.

Pauly

Great Pauly, thank you!
The youtube is all live except the orchestra, we had to use the audio of last year's performance, because the wind blew scores and they didn't play very good. Other than that and a few fixes, it's all live.

Very honoured to see Nick Mason considered this amazing.
We are really happy about it. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-01-13-43-32.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-01-13-43-32.png
    390.3 KB · Views: 25
Fabulous performance, very impressive. Thanks for sharing it with us. It must have been an amazing experience to play in that setting.

Sounds good. Captures the Floyd vibe well, visually and obviously in terms of the music as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom