Dynamic1022

Inspired
I've made a cover from the beautifull song On the turning away from Pink Floyd.
I Just play the electric guitar parts. This cover is not how it's original has been played, it's my own interpretation of this song. ( Just because i am not as near as good as Mister Gilmour himself)
For the preset i'm using a Friedman BE 100 amp. The reason why i used a Friedman and not the Hiwatt is because the Friedman sounds very good and serves this song very well.

I hope you like this version

Feel free to leave a comment or like the song.

Gear:
Fractal axe fx2+ Firmware Ares 1.03 (the preset is based on a friedman BE 100)
Fender Stratocaster standard with custom shop fat 50's
Primetone pick
Audacity for recording

Greetings

David

I've made a cover from the beautifull song On the turning away from Pink Floyd.
I Just play the electric guitar parts. This cover is not how it's original has been played, it's my own interpretation of this song. ( Just because i am not as near as good as Mister Gilmour himself)
For the preset i'm using a Friedman BE 100 amp. The reason why i used a Friedman and not the Hiwatt is because the Friedman sounds very good and serves this song very well.

I hope you like this version

Feel free to leave a comment or like the song.

Gear:
Fractal axe fx2+ Firmware Ares 1.03 (the preset is based on a friedman BE 100)
Fender Stratocaster standard with custom shop fat 50's
Primetone pick
Audacity for recording

Greetings

David

I like it mate. I think yo nailed it.....and "because the Friedman sounds very good and serves this song very well." Greta job!

Hi Yves,
Dank je wel voor je leuke commentaar ( Thanks for your nice comment)

It is actually pretty simple in comparrison to most presets you can find from Pink Floyd on the Axe exchange.
I tried to keep it as simple as possible.
On the picture you can see how i build it up. The drive makes a lot o difference, For this preset i used the FET preamp. ( Also used very often by David Gilmour)
To make a preset i spend some time on research on what gear being used for a song.
For this preset i used the friedman 2018 instead of the Hipower. because it sounded better for this song than the Hipower.

Greetings.

David

Attachments

• On the turning setup.jpg
    On the turning setup.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 39
Hi Yves,
Dank je wel voor je leuke commentaar ( Thanks for your nice comment)

It is actually pretty simple in comparrison to most presets you can find from Pink Floyd on the Axe exchange.
I tried to keep it as simple as possible.
On the picture you can see how i build it up. The drive makes a lot o difference, For this preset i used the FET preamp. ( Also used very often by David Gilmour)
To make a preset i spend some time on research on what gear being used for a song.
For this preset i used the friedman 2018 instead of the Hipower. because it sounded better for this song than the Hipower.

Greetings.

David
U bent welgekomen. (you are welcome). :)
Thanks for the picture ..;looks spacy : 2 reverbs a delay and a multi..;but anyway sounds really good.
For me the hipower never works for one or the other reason but the drive might be the key also here indeed....

Eerste keer dat ik hier nederlands zie . ;-)
cheers from the south and keep on the good work.

David Gilmour uses a lot of reverb and delays.
I.m working on a new preset for Shine on you crazy diamond. For this preset i am using 2 multi delays 1 delay en 2 reverbs.
But when you blend them it can work pretty good

The hipower can work but is more difficult to use. It works very good with a Fuzz drive like the Big muff pi.
I tested almost every drive pedal for this preset until i found that David also uses the Fet preamp in real live.
For me it was the missing link and everything felt in place.

(Er zijn wel meer Nederlands sprekende personen actief op deze forum. Er is zelf een nederlandse Thread.)

Greetings,

David

David Gilmour uses a lot of reverb and delays.
I.m working on a new preset for Shine on you crazy diamond. For this preset i am using 2 multi delays 1 delay en 2 reverbs.
But when you blend them it can work pretty good

The hipower can work but is more difficult to use. It works very good with a Fuzz drive like the Big muff pi.
I tested almost every drive pedal for this preset until i found that David also uses the Fet preamp in real live.
For me it was the missing link and everything felt in place.

(Er zijn wel meer Nederlands sprekende personen actief op deze forum. Er is zelf een nederlandse Thread.)

Greetings,

David
Great job, I love the presets, I hope you share it with us.
Thanks

Presets please.
Hi Javid. I do not share presets anymore. Making youre own preset gives you a lot of satisfaction.
In the messages above you can read how i've done it. Most of the time when you use someones else his preset it sounds very different.
If you have questions or need help. let me know.

Greetings,

David

Back
Top Bottom