PiezoAcousticIRs + FullRes

CipherHost

Experienced
I dropped some acoustic IRs into a preset to compare and mix. I got them from here: http://acousticir.free.fr/spip.php?rubrique2 Thank you @stdout !!

This is the first time I've used "Export Preset-Cab Bundle". One cab block uses Taylor and the other uses Gibson IRs. They should all be center panned. Each scene uses a single, different IR. (not stereo pairs)

You'll probably want to "pick" the preset location. If you import the cabs using "Use Current", you'll be able to mix them within a scene. If you choose different locations for the IRs, the muted IRs will point to the locations I had them in.

AutoPick-UseCurrent.png

One thing nice about this Export Preset-Cab Bundle is that if you choose different IRs (from where ever you get your IRs), you can just load them in these slots to compare and mix them. You're not going to like all the IRs you try, so this could be your "test area". Or you can redo the preset with your own locations.

Acoustic IRs Locations.png

There is a Looper before the Cabs and an EQ after. I did try to level the scenes with each channel of the EQ block. The settings I used worked for my piezos and ears. You can "fix" it for yours. :)

Here is the link to the bundle:

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hello again!
I have changed the preset a little for the better I think. I had the slots in a jumble with the previous preset. This one keeps things in the same order as the scenes.

Acoustic IRs Martin.png

This one is also a little different in that it demonstrates different versions of the same guitar in each cab. Here are the spectra for the Martin Anthem and Marquis provided by the website download:

AnthemMartin_HD-28E_Anthem_48000.png

MarquisMartin_D28_Marquis_KnK_44100.png

The EQ block channels are all set to 0 db now. You may have noticed the cab blocks are raised 8 dB.

Edit: I set the frequency levels in the EQ block to make my piezos sound the best to me before enabling any of the IRs. I leave it the same to compare apples to apples.

Here is the link to this preset. Please take into account this uses the same cab locations as the previous preset, so if you use the same slots (this is on purpose for the way I use this), you will overwrite the previous IRs.

Last edited:
Here's one with my current favorite acoustic IRs + FullRes in the IR Player block. Break out your headphones for this one.

AcousticFavs + FullRes.png

Scenes 1-4 are 391 thru 394
Scenes 5-8 are 391 thru 394 + FullRes

Enjoy!

@CipherHost , thank you for generously sharing your Acoustic IRs.

Unfortunately the way you share the IRs causes problems, in my case obviously unsolvable ones.
Trying to follow each link you provide, each time I simply get "Server not found". End of road.

I would highly appreciate it if you extend your kind generousity furthermore and post the IRs (the .syx files) in this forum.
Or - perhaps even better - in Fractal Exchange. That's what Fractal Exchange is intended for ... ;)

Last edited:
@CipherHost , thank you for generously sharing your Acoustic IRs.

Unfortunately the way you share the IRs causes problems, in my case obviously unsolvable ones.
Trying to follow each link you provide, each time I simply get "Server not found". End of road.

I would highly appreciate it if you extend your kind generousity furthermore and post the IRs (the .syx files) in this forum.
Or - perhaps even better - in Fractal Exchange. That's what Fractal Exchange is intended for ... ;)
There is a link to google drive. In the post previous to yours, the title for the files says ‘cabs 4 items’ and there is a box to the right with an arrow on it. Clicking it should open a new browser page. At the top of that page, again to the right, there is a download icon which should allow you to get the files. The google page shows me logged into google but I don’t know that necessary. Hope this helps.

There is a link to google drive. In the post previous to yours, the title for the files says ‘cabs 4 items’ and there is a box to the right with an arrow on it. Clicking it should open a new browser page. At the top of that page, again to the right, there is a download icon which should allow you to get the files. The google page shows me logged into google but I don’t know that necessary. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your friendly assistance. Of course I did it the way you described.

As I mentioned in my post I can't get a connection to the server where the files are located.
I always and only get the following error saying (in german language)
"Page not found. The connection to server doc-14-docs.googleusercontent.com failed."

Indeed, I should have mentioned too, that it's not a technical problem of the link provided with the OP.

Our environment disallows and blocks for all network members the use of services from (IMHO: doubtfully) companies and services. This incudes among several others Google and their services.

Therefore I kindly ask the request to @CipherHost again : please put your files you want to share to "AXE-Change Preset Exchange".

The link:
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/

Back
Top Bottom