Piezo + TC Body Rez

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
I have a TC electronics Body Rez from my existing Axe II setup and considering integrating it with my Axe III. Piezo equipped guitar > Stereo splitter > piezo line > TC body REz > rear input Axe Fx.

I know its basically an algo of EQ/comp and can accomplish with Axe Fx ; but wondering if anyone making use of this pedal with an Axe III?

I had the VoiceLive 3 (has BodyRez presets built in) when I got my first Axe FX (Ultra) and had the same idea. TCs BodyRez (basically EQ presets) can be a big improvement over typical unprocessed piezo pickup sounds, but after discovering impulse responses, it didn’t take long for me to figure out that a good IR, ideally created with the guitar you are playing, sounds much more natural than the BodyRez presets.

Not exactly the same, but I had a Fishman aura pedal in my loop for awhile and would run my piezo output through it. It sounded okay in that it gave me a bit more of that woody sound I was looking for. But it was a pain to adjust once it was in the rack, and it always seemed to sound better "last time" which made me want to adjust it too much. I was able to achieve something better using acoustic guitar tonematch IR's in my cab block - plus there are a ton of additional tone shaping options in the cab block, so you can get pretty far with just that one block before you even need to mess with separate compressors and eqs.

Back
Top Bottom