Piezo Amp Choice

deakle

Experienced
I’m creating a preset to use with my Music Man Majesty and my JP15. I want one scene to be dedicated to the piezo output. Any thoughts/suggestions on an amp/cab to use with the piezo?

I’m creating a preset to use with my Music Man Majesty and my JP15. I want one scene to be dedicated to the piezo output. Any thoughts/suggestions on an amp/cab to use with the piezo?
Tube pre….also..the brand new Petrucci 2023 stock preset mod posted by @Cooper Carter has a dedicated piezo in with no amp or cab in the chain and sounds incredible, if you haven’t yet seen it.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-friday-w-cooper-carter-season-2.191908/#post-2387479

Last edited:
Tube pre….also..the brand new Petrucci 2023 stock preset mod posted by @Cooper Carter has a dedicated piezo in with no amp or cab in the chain and sounds incredible, if you haven’t yet seen it.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-friday-w-cooper-carter-season-2.191908/#post-2387479

@deakle JP's actual preset doesn't use an amp in the Axe for the piezo -- just a bit of compression.

Fwiw, we actually made improvements to the piezo side of this preset AFTER Gift of Tone after DT left for Europe, so maybe I'll work up yet another update to the factory preset.

I've had good success using an acoustic IR, no amp block with the usual compression and reverb etc with my Majesty piezo pickup

I concur with the others posting here. I normally don't use any amp on my piezo signal chain. A little comp, some delay & reverb, maybe chorus or other effects. There is always a cab block with one or 2 good acoustic IR's (3sigmaaudio.com or others). The IR's IMHO are the single biggest factor in getting the piezos to emulate a real acoustic.

@deakle JP's actual preset doesn't use an amp in the Axe for the piezo -- just a bit of compression.

Fwiw, we actually made improvements to the piezo side of this preset AFTER Gift of Tone after DT left for Europe, so maybe I'll work up yet another update to the factory preset.
Was this updated or posted somewhere? Thanks!

I dont use a amp or cab block. Some compression, verb and chorus. You can place a PEQ or EQ block for tone shaping.

When I had a JP15 I generally just used like others have mentioned > comp, eq and tasty reverb. I also had a TC electronics BodyRez sometimes in the fx loop which basically does all that in one - saved some CPU. Damn I miss that JP15.

Back
Top Bottom