Wish Piezo Acoustic Amp block

an acoustic amp is a full range pa system with EQ dials centered around acoustic guitar frequencies, and a speaker and usually tweeter made for acoustic frequencies.

modeling an amp probably wouldn't yield very different results than the Tube Preamp we already have.

Thanks Chris. Ive looked over yek's guide and there is another amp guide more times than I can count and never payed any attention to the Tube Pre. The one guide even has an acoustic listed in the artist image just never noticed. Sounds just like what I'm looking for. 👍

What you need more than that is one of those acoustic IRs...just run the quacky piezo signal through the cab block with an IR of a miced up Martin and all of a sudden you have a miced up acoustic sound, it's unreal

Ive tried a few acoustic IR's as well as that guitar body one and never found a happy place. But at that time I was using a JC120 as the amp in the chain. Will have to revisit those IR's I guess.

the best results (and i tried pretty much everything) was no amp block at all. i did a tonematch of an acoustic guitar demo that was on youtube and created an ir which i loaded into the cab block (two actually, cos it was stereo). a little compression, a touch of corrective eq and some reverb and it sounds amazing

Last edited:
Yes simeon pretty much what I have found as well. I played around with the Tube Pre this evening and got it sounding pretty close to what I was doing without an amp block. Dug thru my mountain of IR's and installed a dozen or so for acoustic. Still like it better without an IR.

What I'm really after is being able to adjust the Amp block mixer level using buttons on the FC assigned to amp level inc/dec, which I have on my default FC layout.

thing is, with tonematching, you're creating the perfect ir. one that's tailored to your particular set of piezos. well worth a go. here's the video i used - i just played what he plays at the beginning of the vid. it's stereo, so do the left and right sides separately, create an ir for each and then load them into the cab block and pan them hard left and right...

here are my tonemath ir's. i would strongly recommend you do your own though....your piezos will sound different to mine...

Attachments

• U1.0001_Acoustic TM.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 21
  • U1.0002_Acoustic TM2.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom