Picture Thread! Post your Guitars!

smilefan

Experienced
Here is the wood I'm sporting at the moment. Two Les Paul styles built for
me by Canadian luthier, Scott Heatley. These are his "Tradition" models.
He basically builds LP's the way he thinks they should be made. Both these
have stainless steel frets, special woods he spent months finding, and
baby's-butt smooth satin nitrocellulose finishes. I love them so much, its hard
for me to play anything else.

Props for my bro: Heatley Guitars

Guitars007.jpg

finishtop.jpg

TraditionB.jpg

Here we go.

First the currents...

252137_240842405956285_100000915828857_737988_432007_n.jpg

This is just my electrics. Oh and I have a Fender Stat XII, but it's at my dads house, and I don't seem to have any pics.

Now the past...
224499_240843692622823_100000915828857_737992_2778675_n.jpg

198766_240844639289395_100000915828857_737995_2075257_n.jpg

I've had more, but never thought to take any digital pictures, and I'm not into scanning in old photos at the moment.

I still have the Blue Les Paul Studio, but it's kind of naked, and in transition. I ran out of money so I haven't finished it. :lol Yes the blue was a big mistake.

Here is the wood I'm sporting at the moment. Two Les Paul styles built for
me by Canadian luthier, Scott Heatley. These are his "Tradition" models.
He basically builds LP's the way he thinks they should be made. Both these
have stainless steel frets, special woods he spent months finding, and
baby's-butt smooth satin nitrocellulose finishes. I love them so much, its hard
for me to play anything else.

Props for my bro: Heatley Guitars

Guitars007.jpg

finishtop.jpg

TraditionB.jpg

Oh my Lord the Heatleys are gorgeous! I've long been a big fan of his work just from watching it progress online. Despite being a fellow Canadian I've never been fortunate enough to see one of Scott's guitars in person. Very Very nice!!!! Apparently he even ships across the border to you guys :) (sorry.. I just can't help myself from getting a Canadian shipping dig in every post here these days...)

This one was made in somebody's basement

red-lester04.jpg

But it goes to eleven...

red-lester07.jpg

Froggy the Bender

froggy-tele01.jpg

Couple more...

elvis-guitars01.jpg

Oh, and my daughter has one of those pink Hello Kitty Fenders, and for a short scale, it actually sounds, and plays well, as long as you don't leave the first 5 frets. After that, it goes south, as it's impossible to intonate. :lol

I got mine for $100 off Craigslist and it was unplayable when I got it too.

It had a really bad bow in the neck and I'd have passed on it but I noticed that the trussrod nut was actually spinning loose... :geek :lol

When I got it home I tightened it up and it's been great for the last couple of years.

It intonates as well as my others or it'd be gone.

I did wind up replacing the tuners, electronics, saddles and pickup though, along with a new nut and fret dress.

Love the neck. Pink dots and all. Great profile for my hand and it's nice and resonant.

I even bought another Hello Kitty neck for a spare or project when I saw it for sale.

I have this one too...

badtzmarubass02.jpg

Same deal.

Replaced the tuners, electronics, bridge and pickup.

Love the neck on this one too.

Cheap fun... :lol

Last edited:
I got mine for $100 off Craigslist and it was unplayable when I got it too.
Hers in the short scale, bought it new, for about $120, and it will never intonate out, I've tried everything, the neck is fine, and all it just doesn't have enough bridge to intonate it out.

Sounds as if the bridge is in the wrong spot...
Nah, it's a common problem for short scales. If it where any further back, it'd fall off. Besides, if you where you get the 12th intonated, the first fret would be off. I've never played a short scale that would intonate.

The are beautiful Patzag. Would love to here your impressions of the Parkers with respect to each other and the different guitars you have had before. The bridges look cool. Stay in tune well?

Last edited:
For me, nothing plays like a Parker.
I feel the same about Les Pauls. Put me in a room full of every guitar in the world, past and present, and the first thing I'd pick up would be the oldest Gibson Les Paul Custom in the room, and I'd probably forget I was even in a room with other guitars.

photo.JPG
From left to right: Epiphone AFD, Epiphone Zakk Wylde, Epiphone Joe Bonomassa Goldtop, Squier Strat w/H3s and Sustainiac, Parker Nightfly Mojo
Not pictured: Godin LGXT, Peavey Powerslide

Back
Top Bottom