PICKUPS: Suhr Aldrich VS. DiMarzio Evolution?

PICKUPS: Suhr Aldrich VS. DiMarzio Evolution?

I used to have a guitar with Aldrich pickups and I loved them.
Many, many years before that, I also had a Jem with Evolutions and I loved that too.
It's been so long, I have no way to mentally compare the two side by side.

Does anyone on here have experience with both, and can you offer me your opinion on how different and in what ways are the two from each other?

The reason behind my question is I am for sure going to get another guitar with Aldrich pickups, and I'm just wondering is it a night and day difference in tone between the two? Or, could you even tell the difference from a bridge Evolution vs. a bridge Aldrich on a high gain setting blind folded?

If there's not a big noticeable difference then I really can't justify buying two guitars just to have one with Aldrich and one with Evolutions with that being the only main difference in the two guitars.

(I don't plan to use the middle Evolution at all, and really don't use neck pickups, so that's why I'm only comparing the bridges against each other in this scenario)

There is definitely a difference in tone and feel between those two pickups...I've tried both in my 88 JEM. Sadly, it's been too long and I can't be specific about the differences.

I'm an Evolution fan, but in the wrong guitarists hands they can sound bad.
I think I can get any sound out of them I want.

I do like Aldrich's sound... but never tried Suhr pickups

Back
Top Bottom