Pickup wiring for my new project Strat AAA Warmoth

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
I just got a new AAA Warmoth flame maple neck for my strat and a new custom pick guard for its' makeover!

It has 2 pickups on this guard. A Duncan Custom Custom Trembucker in the bridge
and a Duncan YJM Fury Stack in the neck position.
I purchased the Oak Grigsby 5 way switch hoping to get a few different tones out of this setup.
I use 1 volume and 1 tone.

Is there any wiring you would recommend for me in this application?
Thanks!

I like the way Pete Thorn has his sig guitar wired up. I don't know if you can do that with the switch you have but Petes switching system sure covers a lot of different sounds.

Hmmmm...a stacked single with a humbucker? The only thing that comes to mind for wiring is splitting the bridge pickup and splitting the neck pickup to get a more Stratty sound with hum-cancelling.

Beyond that my go-to site for wiring ideas is Dimarzio. As you probably know the wiring diagrams are universal as long as you convert the color codes.

I've got a couple of guitar with an HS pickup configuration but I used rail single coils (Dimarzio Satch Track) which single bright for humbucking single coils but work out really well as split humbuckers.

You might consider wiring it so either or both of the pickups can be used in either serial or parallel.

I prefer parallel wiring to split coils.

Personally I'd like to have a two way switch. Either bridge or the neck/middle combo. Nothing else. I don't use the other options anyway and sometimes in the heat of the action I push that 5 way switch one notch too far into neck only.

Back
Top Bottom