Pickup swaps worthwhile?

Those DiMarzio JP pickups are great. I also recommend looking into the Aftermath set from Bareknuckle, I have a pair on my RGD7 and they sound incredible. The bridge is killer and the neck works really well for clean tones

I still have them. I plan to keep them for the day that guitar gets sold. I like to keep the original parts with the guitars, especially if there is no real way to get replacements for the originals. I can always swap them back before selling if I ever decide to sell it.
So no interest in selling them, then?

I had a JP BFR few years back with the liquifire. Great neck pickup, I wasn't too crazy with the crunchlab. I have done pickup swap on pretty much every guitar I have but typically just one swap and I'm good. On my new Les Paul Tribute , which I'm really enjoying, I just ordered a BKP Rebel Yell bridge and will be installing that soon
The only regret I have is ever taking out the original pups from my EBMM Axis many years ago. Since then I've tried Suhr aldrich and even active EMG's in that guitar but eventually settled on Dimarzio AT-1 bridge and 36th anniversary in neck that have it sounding pretty close to the original

Back
Top Bottom