pickup emulation technology?

warrenlu

I am the polar opposite of a scientist/tech person; I know literally nothing. however, I would be willing to bet all of my gear + extremities that if the electric guitar continues to be something people are interested in that this kind of technology will be a thing at some point. again, I know nothing, but I'll say that given where we're at now as compared to 60 years ago, I'm gonna say 30ish years. could be sooner, especially if we intercept an alien spacecract and pick that apart, or maybe later. I dunno, hence why I'm asking.

(also: what I mean by pickup emulation is something that you put where the pickups go, and can choose what kind you want it to sound like. axefx, but with pickups)

Line6 have something along those lines in their variax guitar editing software. Restricted to their own idea of pickup models though.

I have a Line6 JTV 59 (LP shape) and it's not very good ... the best sounds from it are via it's real pickups.

I'm never going near anything by Line6 again

Reactions: jon
The much maligned Gibson Dusk Tiger did that with a combination of programmable coil split, phase switch, and either two or three band EQ.

It didn't sound bad, but it was hamstrung by having one eg for both pickups, a P90 in neck and humbucker in bridge. I think that soured a lot of users on it, since the eq that works for one type of pickup usually didn't work for the other.

Back
Top Bottom