• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Picking Cabs

jw3571

Inspired
There are just so many cabs, how do you guys go about picking a cab when making a preset. Most or presets sound dark and obviously the cabs make a huge difference. There are just so many of them. What do you guys do?

parlopower

Inspired
I just check Yek's write-up which cabs are either directly belonging to the model (e.g. when the amp is a combo) or regarded as usual choices. That is my starting point. With time, you find some favorites you use over and over, for me e.g. stock cab 054 (G12M Pre Rola) which I use on everything that is Marshall or similar and also on many high gain amps.

Guitarmandan

Inspired
i'm w/ you cabs make a HUGE difference! it may be worthwhile taking a preset and just pulling up the cabs page, pin open the selections and just go thru them writing down the numbers of the cabs that sound great and/or unique

then when i like a preset later on, but it needs tweaking, i just refer to the list and first try those cabs.
granted depending what amp is used, a fave cab may not work well but usually the faves hold up well and are a good starting point

Top Bottom