Picked up a QSC K8 for practice!

firmani99

Inspired
I used to bring a 4x12 cabinet and head to practice every time I started jamming with people.

After I got the axe I was spoiled because I could just bring a guitar, axe, and a QSC K12. Way lighter and easier to lug around! Well I must have really been spoiled because I thought "How could I make this even more streamlined?"

I just picked up a QSC K8 for practice and it is amazing!!! One trip and I can carry everything. For gigs I will probably still use a SS power amp and cab for stage volume but I don't know that may change as well. This thing kicks for a tiny little speaker.

Yeah I liked the QSC stuff... I had a pair of K10s I ran in stereo at practice and at most live shows...I just used them as my "cabs" so people in the front would get sonically blasted and so there was some stage sound to compete with drums and huge distorted 8x10 bass.

They were OK for monitoring myself, but I eventually went to IEMs and it was a gamechanger for me...the QSCs ended up being mainly for the band and audience. Just depends on what you are going for and what type of venues/music you play...

I recently switched from a K12 to a K10 for practices and smaller clubs. No need for the K12 unless I'm playing a 300+ person room or outdoors.

8s and 10s both work great. I find myself self putting one on the external sub to tame the low end, anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom