Pick Two Factory Cabs to Replace

IMO

I would remove ALL non-UltraRes™ cabs from the Stock Axe-fx Firmware, and simply have old cabs available on the website as a download for anyone interested in loading into their user slots.

A) UltraRes™ Is the best representation of your product
B) Illiminates any question if cab used is or is not UltraRes™
C) Opens up MANY slots for many more great IRs from Fractal
D) If anyone uses some strange oddball cab as their main IR, they can have it stay untouched forever in the user slot

TOTALLY AGREED !! NEW exciting UR as FW CABS and the possibility for ancient AXE-Lovers to download the Non-UR Cabs and store in the User Cab slots ... Future is Unstoppable ... and it's UR !!! IMHO

IMO

I would remove ALL non-UltraRes™ cabs from the Stock Axe-fx Firmware, and simply have old cabs available on the website as a download for anyone interested in loading into their user slots.

D) If anyone uses some strange oddball cab as their main IR, they can have it stay untouched forever in the user slot

+1!

IMO

Cliff has stated in the past that this not possible with many of the cabs due to the licensing agreements with IR creators.

I just read 7 pages of Blaah blaah this, blaah that, driven by a lot of speculative theorization aimed at re-doing the current factory cab lineup. I understand that we all are trying to be truly helpful But...
Could someone please reveal how this mostly off-subject blaah blaah is helping Cliff make a reasonably informed decision on which TWO cabs to replace?
The original question here was; "Pick Two Factory Cabs to Replace" As far as I know, TWO still means TWO!
Just my TWO cents... ;)

The Irony of your post is how you didn't suggest any cabs to replace, but rather chose to fill up space on this thread to criticize other forum members contributions to the conversation.

To answer your question: Its helping cliff by allowing him to gauge the communities thoughts on the subject which could motivate him to go beyond his original idea. its happened before and, to cliff's credit, he pays attention to the community.

The reality is, getting consensus on exactly two cabs no one uses in a community of 1000s of users is next to impossible. too many ears and too many tastes. This is why in inevitably leads to a wider discussion. This does not mean any of this discussion is "off topic".

I just read 7 pages of Blaah blaah this, blaah that, driven by a lot of speculative theorization aimed at re-doing the current factory cab lineup. I understand that we all are trying to be truly helpful But...
Could someone please reveal how this mostly off-subject blaah blaah is helping Cliff make a reasonably informed decision on which TWO cabs to replace?
The original question here was; "Pick Two Factory Cabs to Replace" As far as I know, TWO still means TWO!
Just my TWO cents... ;)

But if they are offered as an UR .syx, they can be only used in an Axe-FX II and might not violate any licensing agreement...

The Irony of your post is how you didn't suggest any cabs to replace, but rather chose to fill up space on this thread to criticize other forum members contributions to the conversation.
Irony?... As an AXE-FX ULTRA user,... Suggesting any cabs to replace would be moot on my part.
Agreeably, all the brainstorming over time from all Fractal users and other forumites is and most certainly has been a valuable contributing factor of influence for Cliff's continuing development process with the unit.
I personally applaud and appreciate any and all contributors focused to that end.

Last edited:
with the new IR mixes. These two mixes are quickly becoming my go-to IRs for many amps. So I'm thinking we should replace two of the factory cabs with these new mixes. Suggestions?

which 2 mixes are the go-to IRs you are referring to?

really like the #12 1x12 Boogafunk E12L

2 that could go would be FO27- 2x12 Jazz + FO29- 2x12 G12-65 Far-Field

Cliff has stated in the past that this not possible with many of the cabs due to the licensing agreements with IR creators.

Fair enough. Then replace them all with similar URs (i.e. same size, same speaker), make which ever ones they can available legally, F* the rest.

Theoretically, couldn't I, if truly desperate, export any existing cab I want anyway by tone matching the cab to a dry signal and exporting the TM as an IR, before doing the upgrade?

Just a couple months back I would've balked at it but at this point, I'm just thinking let's bite the bullet. This is all about constant improvement.

Last edited:
I could definitely live without the far-fields and the Kalthallens. (Sorry SEED) I have never used the 1x10 Blue and Gold either.

Please DO NOT replace the 1x10 Gold - it is my go to cab on half my patches. In any case whatever you replace really should be made available for download. Thanks!

OK, If you feel that you might need any factory Cabs that are being deleted from the "factory" bank. Or just want backups of your favorite factory Cabs or factory Cab mixes. Just us this preset to make a "Tone Match" of them for personal use only.

You're welcome:eagerness:

Also, these will be saved as, and recognized as "Ultra-res" Cabs. They won't sound any different, but they will use less CPU and should be usable in Cab-Lab for mixing with any "Ultra-res" Cabs !!!!!

You're welcome again:eagerness:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom