Pick Two Factory Cabs to Replace

Others have suggested, making the two you will remove downloadable and I think that is a great idea. If it's possible to do that then I say you should remove any two you feel is your least fav and those who want the two you removed can always upload to the User slots and use them there.

1x6 oval & 1x8 tweed. I like the Kalthallen Cabs. The IR's on the Kalthallen website available to download sound completely different. Think the Kalthallen Cabs in the AXE FX are specially voiced or custom blends etc.

The one's i use: #40-46, #84, #103 + One of the far-fields.. I suddenly got that to work earlier this year...

Even though i don't use 1x6/1x8 ir's much, we don't have many of those small speakers option, so i would like those to stay.

IMO

I would remove ALL non-UltraRes™ cabs from the Stock Axe-fx Firmware, and simply have old cabs available on the website as a download for anyone interested in loading into their user slots.

A) UltraRes™ Is the best representation of your product
B) Illiminates any question if cab used is or is not UltraRes™
C) Opens up MANY slots for many more great IRs from Fractal
D) If anyone uses some strange oddball cab as their main IR, they can have it stay untouched forever in the user slot

IMO

I would remove ALL non-UltraRes™ cabs from the axefx, and simply have old cabs available on the website as a download for anyone interested in loading into their user slots.

+1

This would be the way to go ! :)

IMO

I would remove ALL non-UltraRes™ cabs from the Stock Axe-fx Firmware, and simply have old cabs available on the website as a download for anyone interested in loading into their user slots.

D) If anyone uses some strange oddball cab as their main IR, they can have it stay untouched forever in the user slot

While I agree with this.. do you realize how much work is involved and how much drama this would create? Cliff only wanted to make enough room for the new Vox cab he's particularly excited about. But he didn't just do it, he engaged us to help decide which old cabs are the most expendable.

Now we're going to ask him to turf ALL the old ones? And spend the time and effort necessary to decide exactly which new UR cabs to include, and best represent all cab types for all types of players? And somehow keep the majority happy?

I know the idea is to make all the old cabs available for download, but consider that millions of people's current presets will change. The blowback could be intense.

Big can of worms there.. might be best open it slowly.

IMO

Seconded.

EDIT: to be more precise, I really think that this is the way it should be. UltraRes is here to stay. Keep non-UR optional for those who still want to use it. Great suggestion!

Last edited:
Maybe just keep the best two Kalthallens of the V30, replace two of them, leave the four you like best? I never found them useful but know others might. I really don't want to lose the others, like having LOTs of speaker sizes to chose from from different vintage eras, please don't lose any of those...

I would say since we have such great 4X12 options, losing two of the Kalthallens might be the least disruptive....my two cents.

Seconded.

I can appreciate the thought behind this.

As an XL guy with lots of on-board user memory, if I could get all the factory IRs from Fractal for free to put into Cab user slots, then this route could make sense. An afternoon of remapping cabinets could cover it once and for all.

But I'd add many presets use up so many effects that we don't always use Cabs in IR mode to save CPU power either. Some of us use the non-IR cabs a good bit.

IMO

+1 Agreed !

IMO

I would remove ALL non-UltraRes[emoji769] cabs from the Stock Axe-fx Firmware, and simply have old cabs available on the website as a download for anyone interested in loading into their user slots.

A) UltraRes[emoji769] Is the best representation of your product
B) Illiminates any question if cab used is or is not UltraRes[emoji769]

Works for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are all ultrares cabs marked (UR)?

If so, I still use a few non-ultra res.

A thread like this is probably gonna be really hard to parse to decide which cabs people want and don't want. I think a poll of some sort might be better, just vote for the ones you like. Obviously this would be a pretty big poll though, likely have to be linked from one of those online survey websites.

I'm sure every cab gets used by atleast one person out there

While I agree with this.. do you realize how much work is involved and how much drama this would create? Cliff only wanted to make enough room for the new Vox cab he's particularly excited about. But he didn't just do it, he engaged us to help decide which old cabs are the most expendable.

Now we're going to ask him to turf ALL the old ones? And spend the time and effort necessary to decide exactly which new UR cabs to include, and best represent all cab types for all types of players? And somehow keep the majority happy?

I know the idea is to make all the old cabs available for download, but consider that millions of people's current presets will change. The blowback could be intense.

Big can of worms there.. might be best open it slowly.

Unless he made a special firmware with the old cabs for people who really don't want to lose the old factory cabs.
FAS could share this version on the board for people who really need it or like many others suggested just put the old cabs up for download somehwere.
Then just have the new UR version as the main FW that most people download from the site.
The rar with the FW could also just have 2 versions of the firmware in it too choose from.
Ofcourse I wouldn't know how much extra man hours this would take and if this would be realistic or maybe too confusing.

Back
Top Bottom