Pick Two Factory Cabs to Replace

Please keep the factory cabs. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I prefer them to the Ultra-Res.

What some of us are proposing is to just provide the old cab as a user download / user cab. So you could still use them but they would have to be a user cab not a factory cab.

It's really not an Ultra Res vs. non Ultra Res issue to me. It's more of having access to the cab IR or not as the case may be.

Another data point: I still use Std Res. I use the Kalthallens. I almost NEVER use anything but 4x12s, though. That said, if anything I use gets replaced, I'm man enough to download it and put it in a user slot if it is made available and I feel like it is something I can't live without.

I almost exclusively use mix IR and UR. Everything else could go... Fill the space with more CAB Pack samples (like the URs provided with the Mark I/II firmware) and some of the Zero €/$/... and TEH cabs from Clark Kent.

I'm not a fan of the Kalthallens.

114 can go because of 119.

Difference between 122 and 138?

104 can go because of 128 and 139?
91 can go because of 123 and 137?

Is anyone still using the far-fields?

Etc.

Right man... but... some far field (mixed with a near field) add some "room" taste in recording situations ;-)

I tend to use for each amp its specific cab, indipendently from UR or not UR, then I would be immensely grateful if you left at least one original cab for each type of amplifier.
Thank you so much!

I tend to use for each amp its specific cab, indipendently from UR or not UR, then I would be immensely grateful if you left at least one original cab for each type of amplifier.
Thank you so much!

+1 Coby

Kalthallens can go

There was a thread a while back that Cliif started about nixing the Kalthallens. I think there was 1 (one) Nay to several pages of Yay's. Maybe two. I don't know why that didn't result in the removal. Democratically I think it's sound that they could be removed. At least I wouldn't mind.

I think it might be more informative to have a thread on which cabs absolutely shouldn't be removed. Anything outside that significant outcome would be fair game. Eliminate the original TV mixes and Green cabs from the posts otherwise the thread would become monstrous.

I think it would make the most sense to ditch any cabs that are available elsewhere, especially if those cabs aren't UlraRes.

The only ones that I kind of wouldn't be really anxious to replace would be the far fields. I'm not even sure if I've used them in any of my go to patches, but they're unique enough and I have a fond enough memory of them being useful that they'd be pretty low on the list.

But I'm not one to complain about or impede progress.

Kalthallens seem to be a no brainer as the choice since, as many have said, they are available to download elsewhere for free.

No harm, no foul for anyone.

I'm another that votes to keep the oval! Please do not delete it, unless we have a UR version of the same, in its place.

Back
Top Bottom