Pick Two Factory Cabs to Replace

I don't use anything with less than two speakers, they can go...the whole old 1x6/8/10/12 series. They never reminded me of a combo amp, no clue why, someone ever got a realistic combo amp feeling wih them?

I don't use anything with less than two speakers, they can go...the whole old 1x6/8/10/12 series. They never reminded me of a combo amp, no clue why, someone ever got a realistic combo amp feeling wih them?

I use 085 1x12 Hot Kitty with a few patches, and it sounds great......

Last edited:
About the only thing other than the UR cabs I use would be the Green and TV mixes, I'm for re-vamping all the old and make them available to load as user IR's for those who still want ,(or use)them.

I think you could safely axe (no pun intended):

1 X 6 oval
1 X 8 Tweed

I never find any use for them where I say, "I need this lo-fi AM sound that I cannot achieve through EQ or filters!"

I use F041 for many of my presets, it sounds closer to my Marshall 4x12 than any of the others.

Honestly, I only use UltraRes cabs so any that aren't can go. I'd rather see some 4x12's get replaced instead of the other types of cabs, especially since the new cabs are also 4x12's.

I get some of people's ideas such as letting you swap Ir #'s or ditching most of the old and adding more UR buy that would make a mega mess for sharing and using other's presets. I personally don't use other's presets but for those that do. It is kind of important that if a preset uses factory cab 49 be consistent sn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like it won't be easy to get a concensus on this one.

For my part I like the idea of moving forward and eventually using all of the factory cab slots for a UR cabs that cover all of the same ground as the current stock cab lineup (wherever possible of course).

I'd like to echo others comments regarding making the current stock IR's available to be used in user IR slots. I remember reading that there were/are some copyright issues doing so as there are IR contributions from Redirector and Ownhammer. Hopefully there's a way around this at some point.

If I had to pick stock IR's to which I'd tike to retain access I'd have to say: the 1x6 oval, the 1x12 G12H30, the Bassman 4x10, the HiWatt 4x12's, the Dumble 4x12's, the 4x12 green mix and TV mix, and all of the bass cabs..

In the meantime there are some who have suggested dropping the Kathleen IR from factory slots as they are all readily and freely available online. This seems like the solution with the least impact on the many users still utilizing the factory cabs.

IMHO, YMMV, and all that. :)

I'm not a fan of the Kalthallens.

Me neither.

Is anyone still using the far-fields?

Etc.

Yes, I still occasionally mix them in with a NF IR when I'm not using UR IR's. As long as there are standard resolution IR's in the AxeII, I would like to see the FF IR's remain. Having said that, I'm finally planning to buy Cab Lab when the next UP library comes out and anticipate that I will no longer use the FF IR's.

Back
Top Bottom