Pick the real amp...

Who cares _ sounds great _ I enjoy the tones I hear on 1_3_5 very much
Thank you for the audio brain exercise
It really dosedn't matter as long as you lay down some nice tracks. What is cool is the fact that aside from you, nobody can seriously tell any notable diffefence. Cliff has realized his vision (and it wasn't always like this.) it's like trying to guess which blender my malt shake was blended in. As long as it tastes freeking awesome. I personally could care less. But it's always nice to envision that it was blended with full fat ice cream on the 66 year old blender from the corner malt shop down in Fullerton CA. IMHO - good work!!!!

Kind of funny how everyone is picking their *favorite* as being the real amp, rather than saying this sound the most lifelike, etc. I personally find this thing kind of pointless, so no guess. You have a 1 in 5 chance of being correct just by a random guess so after the reveal that 20% will convince themselves they can hear this stuff based off a single trial and some other additional percentage will rationalize after the fact like "oh yeah I can hear it now", etc. I've seen/heard a zillion of these threads ever since the POD 2 days, they always go the same way. They did even in that era.

It's all just for fun, at least that is how I approached this thread.
My pick was not my favorite by any means.
I actually picked 3 & 4 Leaning more towards 3 because there is something I hear in the top end. 3 "seems" to have a smoother, almost less fidelity in the top end. Not sure I can accurately describe what I hear, but I do hear it. Almost a lesser resolution in the top end. But who knows I could be completely off and it could just be the IR that was chosen...

Kind of funny how everyone is picking their *favorite* as being the real amp, rather than saying this sound the most lifelike, etc. I personally find this thing kind of pointless, so no guess. You have a 1 in 5 chance of being correct just by a random guess so after the reveal that 20% will convince themselves they can hear this stuff based off a single trial and some other additional percentage will rationalize after the fact like "oh yeah I can hear it now", etc. I've seen/heard a zillion of these threads ever since the POD 2 days, they always go the same way. They did even in that era.
I didn't approach it that way. I just thought it was a fun experiment. I don't really care which is the "real" amp. I just expressed my preference in tones. I'm not interested in some crusade either. :p

I think there's too little difference to really tell. But 5 is the one that sounds the most different from the others to me.

I like 2 most.

Is there any chance that there's a kind soul here who would explain what "knackered" means in this context? :)
I don't know but I think the girls in Vegas probably charge more to do that to you but at least it's legal that way...

Real amp or not, 2 is my favorite...so I'm really crossing my fingers that it's the Axe Fx.

There's just something extra special about the clarity when you hit the higher strings that won me over on that one.

Fun test though, thanks for doing this.

Back
Top Bottom