Pick Shootout!

Saabmugen

Hi All,

Here is the link to a pick shootout video i did comparing the Dunlop JazzIII, Ibanez PG signature and Redbear Big Jazzer Picks. Do drop in what you think about these picks and which sounded better to you. Enjoy!!!

Hardly anything in it tbh. Amazing sound though. What setup in the AxeFX are you using?
Thanks mogvinda :) I am using the Citrous clean amp for the clean tones and the Fractal amp for distortion. On both presets factory 4 X 12 cabs no special packs.

They all sound pretty good to me.

We have the same taste in picks. I used to use the Ibanez PG pics. I bought a bag of a 100 in Japan. Then I switched to Jazz III (red, black and Ultex). I also bought a Red Bear Big Jazzer that I like but it is too pricey for me to use regularly so I mainly stick to Jazz III Ultex now.

I also just tried the Dunlop Primetone Jazz III Petrucci models. Not worth the extra money IMO.

Thanks mogvinda :) I am using the Citrous clean amp for the clean tones and the Fractal amp for distortion. On both presets factory 4 X 12 cabs no special packs.

There's just something about the on-the-verge-of-breaking-up sound that I never tire of. Will have a play around with the Citrus when I can.

Interesting about the cab packs. One has to wonder just how many significantly different sounding cabs there can really be.

My general impression is that they mostly varied in degrees of warmth.

Dunlop was brightest
Ibanez was warmer
ReddBear was warmest

I'd probably choose the PG pick for my personal tastes...

I have been playing Dunlop Tortex Jazz 1mm picks for a long time and been happy with them.

A few weeks ago the other guitarist in my band gave me one of the Dunlop JP Jazz picks, and I like that one too.

There is a tonal difference that's hard to describe, but also the way it plays is different as the shape and edge bevel is different.

Compared the standard Dunlop Jazz heavy (black) pick, the JP is a bit more pointy.

Since I probably have 100+ unused Tortex Jazz picks, I'm not sure I want to convert... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom