Pick attack reduction?

Hello dear Axefx3 mates,
Anyone knows how to add a sort of filter that would remove the pick attack ? A bit in the ehx hog vibe (but without the octaves)
Thank you.

Sure i did, but i don’t get that same effect. As it reduces the pick attack rather than Deletes and delays it, as on a hog.

Thank you Moke. I never noticed that. I will. Any further advice regarding the swell model? (Where in the chain?)

ps:great presets Moke. Big fan here

Pick attack, by it's nature, is noisy, so it's hard to eq it out without darkening your tone. You'll have better luck with dynamics processing. For example, a compressor with a fast attack and release. Follow that with a slower expander to balance the dynamics. See the Hell's Glockenspiels factory preset as an example.

Last edited:
Sure i did, but i don’t get that same effect. As it reduces the pick attack rather than Deletes and delays it, as on a hog.
are you trying to make a volume swell specifically? or get rid of pick attack on all notes as you play?

What’s he doing with the expression pedal? Isn’t that the volume swell?
He is using it for a 'Hold' feature.

That thing tracks insanely well? I'm thinking maybe it's more Filter based, or a combination of level and filter?

He is using it for a 'Hold' feature.

That thing tracks insanely well? I'm thinking maybe it's more Filter based, or a combination of level and filter?
He is using the pedal only as a freeze and volume (of the frozen chords ) . I have the hog and pog. On the hog you have an enveloppe and a filter slider. Working especially on the enveloppe gets you that sound. Same on the pog as there is an attack filter that allows the same effect. (Sort of muffed and delayed attack)
I will try the volume swell.
Thanks for your precious help

Hello friends,

i tried the swell but it rather mimics the hog effect ( background chords is Kurt’ a video) my bad I guess the vide was not the best exemple As I m talking about the main sound
here is another video to show the attack shelving effect I m looking for.

look at this from minute 2

thank you for your help.

Does the Axe-FX III have a Transient Designer kind of block? I have the hardware unit right here and rolling off the attack completely can get you some crazy results.

Back
Top Bottom