Piano sim/ Preset - Patch

diggi

Inspired
I didn't see this "sound" / feature request elsewhere, and I am not sure it can be produced - reproduced.

But, given how well my brand new Axe Fx Ultra tracks on synth style patches, I'm thinking we might be off to a good start with a Piano sound as well?

Thoughts?

I think you're forgetting to separate true synths from sample based keyboards. A true synth generates the tone. The guitar synth block tracks your pitch and uses it to drive a basic square, ect ect type wave. Many keyboards and sound modules you buy may have synth functions but your piano sounds are generally sample based.
Most of the better GM pianos are sample based. Its been made quite clear that fractal audio is not currently headed down the hexaphonic/midi guitar road map. Many of the users here, myself included are axxon users. Its not a cheap investment but those who really want a usable sample triggering experience generally agree its the best most expressive midi tracking you're going to find. As far as a piano sound on the axe I highly doubt you can or ever will in the near future be able to produce an acoustic piano like sound.

Firstpenguin said:
I think you're forgetting to separate true synths from sample based keyboards. A true synth generates the tone. The guitar synth block tracks your pitch and uses it to drive a basic square, ect ect type wave. Many keyboards and sound modules you buy may have synth functions but your piano sounds are generally sample based.
Most of the better GM pianos are sample based. Its been made quite clear that fractal audio is not currently headed down the hexaphonic/midi guitar road map. Many of the users here, myself included are axxon users. Its not a cheap investment but those who really want a usable sample triggering experience generally agree its the best most expressive midi tracking you're going to find. As far as a piano sound on the axe I highly doubt you can or ever will in the near future be able to produce an acoustic piano like sound.

Well done.

Thank you very much.

Joel

Back
Top Bottom