Physical storage

xzacx

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before but I wasn’t able to find a thread. I’m looking to buy an Axe Fx III whenever they are in stock again, and have been thinking about where I’ll be using it. Are there any issues with heat that I need to be aware of? For example, would keeping it in an enclosed entertainment center be something to avoid? I could obviously just unplug it when not in use, and it’ll be open when it is being used, but just wondering about whether it needs airflow below it or if things can be stacked on it, and things like that. Thanks for any help anyone has!

Sits in racks with other gear all the time. It has fan and heat sink internally. Shouldn’t think it would be a problem at all.

it can be used without extra space above/below in a standard audio equipment rack. typically there is some venting available on the sides, maybe 1" or so, and the front and rear is typically clear for plugging in cables.

so i wouldn't completely box it in on all sides, and make sure there is some common ventilation available.

Appreciate the replies. The place id like to keep it has a flat bottom shelf, but there’s a couple inches on either side. I just hadn’t been able to find any pics of the bottom so I wasn’t sure if there was any ventelation that would be covered if put on a flat surface.

Appreciate the replies. The place id like to keep it has a flat bottom shelf, but there’s a couple inches on either side. I just hadn’t been able to find any pics of the bottom so I wasn’t sure if there was any ventelation that would be covered if put on a flat surface.
it can be put on a desk, so that should be fine. there's no vents on the bottom. just don't box it in completely, i'd say.

Back
Top Bottom