Physical specs

I'm takin a wild guess but after looking at the pics on the website I'm guessing it's pretty close to the dimensions of the MFC....but the secret is not out yet....at least not anywhere I've looked....

I'm not sure why Fractal is being so coy with the physical dimensions of the FX8. This information has been requested many times and to my knowledge there has been no answer. My only conclusion is that Fractal is hiding some dark truth about the FX8's size, and we are headed for a fiasco. The FX8 is probably 16 feet long by 10 feet high, and composed of the same stuff that neutron stars are made of, so heavy that if you drop it, it will immediately penetrate to the center of the Earth and create a singularity that will consume the planet immediately. Open to correction by Fractal.

Last edited:
Ok here's my dimensional guess: 13.25" x 7.25" x 2.625"H (including rubber feet).

I derived these dimensions from the One Sheet pdf. With Adobe Acrobat pro, I drew lines across a known dimensions - the diameters of the 1/4" jacks and footswitches to establish a relative scale. I appended 4 of these lines to establish 1"; then appended the 1" lines together across the overall edges of the pdf picture of the unit... I'd bet I'm pretty close.

bkd_guitarst is right tho... FAS treating the dimension thing like a top secret is just peculiar. I mean, who doesn't want to know how this animal will dovetail on their existing pedalboard, etc? Not only is there the basic real estate to consider, but new/additional cabling, additional interfaces... Glab 2ML

@ Granja55 - I suspect your dimensions are right in the ballpark. Which if true, is pretty good news as far as I'm concerned. I had read another estimate that put it at the same size as the MFC-101 (15.75" x 10" x 4.125"). I just want to be able to plot out where & how I'll fit this bad boy into my pedal board.

Take a look on the position of the switches on both boards , on the MFC they are more close to the edges but +1 , besides for a quick release production , why bother with new die cut tools ...

Back
Top Bottom