Wish Physical buttons as commands to FC controllers (e.g. nav, home, exit, page)

Coming from AX8 I imagined utilizing the big screen when switching between presets and scenes. However, this is not now possible since you cannot activate the "Presets" page (pressing page right from home screen) with your foot controllers, nor can you nav through the scenes.

I would like to see a new category "FM3 Buttons" in the FC Controllers edit. Function in this would be at least home, enter, exit, page left, page right, nav up, nav down, nav left, nav right.

Short example of the use case when switching presets:
  • Long press F3 (function page right, activates the preset listing)
  • Use F1/F2 tap for up and down (function nav up/down), and long F1/F2 for column scroll (function nav left/right)
  • Tap F3 to select highlighted preset (function enter)
  • Long press F3 to cancel (function home)

Similar logic then to scenes if so desired, activate e.g. through long F1. Quick idea for the UI solution when moving scenes up and down within preset: when you scroll through the scenes but you have not selected it yet, the scrolling would be shown as yellow text in the scene x and in the name, but the borders would only stay in the currently selected scene, this would show which scene you would be choosing. Or then the border would move and the currently selected would have the only yellow text.

Is this also wished here in a certain way?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/set-list-layout-or-view.166214/

(Just trying to get those stuff in one thread, since it may hold more value than the same wish over an over :) )

Yes, its quite close! The previous covers the preset changing view which is my example as well, but I would like to extend that to scenes as well, which is why I just wished that the physical buttons would be assignable as functions. But a larger setlist view AND large scene view would be great! So these could be combined if the previous is extended to cover other uses than just switching presets, or then the previous could be brought here. Both complement each other in any case so better to combine in some way as you suggested!

Back
Top Bottom