diezel013

Inspired
Here's the patch I use for Def Leppard songs with my cover band. The tempo is currently set for Photograph but if you use tap tempo, or want to edit it, it could work for most things Def Leppard.

From my understanding Phil Collen used a Rockman for the recording of the classic Def Leppard albums. To get closer to this sound I downloaded Leon Todd's Rockman Cab blocks (Shout out to Leon for being awesome!!!). YOU WILL NEED THEM if you want the patch to work as designed. You'll want the Rockman 4 "cab" in the cab slot.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/rockman-tone-match.146198/

Other than that it should be ready to go. Hope ya dig it. Cheers!!!

Just updated to firmware 14.00 but didn't get the option on axe change (just FYI)... No parameters should have changed though.

Attachments

• PHOTOGRAPH.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 123
Sounds great, but Phil didn't use the Rockman on Pyromania. That was his old Marshall head he used in his pre-Def Lep band Girl.
IIRC it was a 50 watt head that was later stolen

He used his Ibanez Destroyer for most of the solos

Pete Willis and Steve Clark did the rhythm tracks with Les Pauls and Hamer's into Marshall's

It wasn't until Hysteria where they used the Rockmans along with a Gallien Kruger for a few things as Mutt Lange wanted something a bit different

Sounds great, but Phil didn't use the Rockman on Pyromania. That was his old Marshall head he used in his pre-Def Lep band Girl.
IIRC it was a 50 watt head that was later stolen

He used his Ibanez Destroyer for most of the solos

Pete Willis and Steve Clark did the rhythm tracks with Les Pauls and Hamer's into Marshall's

It wasn't until Hysteria where they used the Rockmans along with a Gallien Kruger for a few things as Mutt Lange wanted something a bit different

Right on man... thanks for schooling me haha. I’m definitely not so knowledgeable when it comes to Def Leppard so my apologies.

I appreciate your insight into their equipment at the time. I guess ultimately this tone worked for me as I’m using it for both Pour Some Sugar and Photograph... I had read about the Rockman’s but didn’t know about the 50w Marshall’s they were using. Lovely amps. Cheers!!!

Right on man... thanks for schooling me haha. I’m definitely not so knowledgeable when it comes to Def Leppard so my apologies.

I appreciate your insight into their equipment at the time. I guess ultimately this tone worked for me as I’m using it for both Pour Some Sugar and Photograph... I had read about the Rockman’s but didn’t know about the 50w Marshall’s they were using. Lovely amps. Cheers!!!

No problem mate, doesn't matter if its not 'correct ", if it's working for you then that's all that matters!

Back
Top Bottom