Phil Keaggy Cover - "The Wind And The Wheat" - 100% Axe FX II

Andrew Timothy

Inspired

I recorded this as a tribute to Phil Keaggy, one of my all-time favorite guitar heroes. All guitars were recorded direct from the AXE FX II into Logic Pro 9.

Gear Info:

Main Rhythm part: Music Man Reflex into Shiver Clean preset
Swells: Suhr S2 into Hiwatt sim w/lots of verb and multiple delays
Stratty Rhythms/Leads: Suhr S2 into Double Verb sim
Baritone Guitar: Xaviere XV-900 tuned down (6th string to C#, 5th string to G#), Nuclear Tone preset
Solo: Music Man Reflex into Dumble sim w/AC Booster in front, multi delay

I hope you enjoy it! This is a learning experience as I'm new to tracking/mixing.

That being the case, I'd love to hear some feedback/critiques as well.

My fav album by Phil..... After several years I just revisited it recently. Nice job and tone!!!!! So glad to hear this album
is still alive and well!!!!!!

Soooooooooooooo beautiful you almosed made me cry with that fine melody.
Nerver heard of this guitarman before.
Thank you

Please share the presets as good clean ones are hard to come by. The Solo is also such a gorgeous sound. Thanks for sharing.
Would you care to put them on Axe-exchange with your firmware version. Hope it is not to much to ask?
Thanks Nickxmix

Please share the presets as good clean ones are hard to come by. The Solo is also such a gorgeous sound. Thanks for sharing.
Would you care to put them on Axe-exchange with your firmware version. Hope it is not to much to ask?
Thanks Nickxmix

If you have the new fw 10 presets, you have everything I used. Every track used a stock preset (see OP), minus the swells. The only alterations I made to the stock presets was to engage certain fx blocks and add an AC Booster to the solo tone. Hope that helps.

Dear Andrew

You get two "likes" for this thread - one for your amazing cover, great tones and awesome playing! And the 2nd like is for picking up a tune by Phil - this is a very underrated guitar hero, which I really like!!!

Much thanks for sharing your version of this great tune with us!!! :D

Cheers
Paco

Such a great song. I really liked your interpretation!

Phil has had a tremendous influence on my playing, and who I am as a musician. It's great to see him honoured like this.

Terry.

AWESOME! "The Wind and The Wheat" and "The Master and The Musician" are two of my all time favorite albums!

Excellent work!

Very very nice Andrew. I've heard of PhilK, but never really been knowingly exposed to his music. Now I'm going exploring. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom