Phil Collen JMP-1 FW18.12

Hi Mayalvr,
Have you update your def Leppard Patch to the Quantum 2 ?
I hear the new Def Leppard album this morning and search a patch.
Thank you in advance.
Great patch !!!!

I'm in the process of creating a patch for the AX8. Sorry dude. you must know your stuff. I'm just going off an interview I hear from Toontrack recently. Check it out.

I'm in the process of creating a patch for the AX8. Sorry dude. you must know your stuff. I'm just going off an interview I hear from Toontrack recently. Check it out.

Mayalvr, I stand corrected. I was not aware of this interview, so you were right, it was guitar rig for the last album. So kudos to you my good man!

I'll be creating some JMP presets for the AX8 at the end of January. Be on the look out.
I saw you posted a new preset for ax8 on feb 17, will you be updating the presets for the xl models. Love your presets so I hope you will do that.
Also I see your presets use the brit pre which is the first model of the jmp-1,. on your new ax8 are you using the britt pre or the jmp-1 model this time, and if you make it for the xl, will you be using the brit pre or the jmp-1 model?

I saw you posted a new preset for ax8 on feb 17, will you be updating the presets for the xl models. Love your presets so I hope you will do that.
Also I see your presets use the brit pre which is the first model of the jmp-1,. on your new ax8 are you using the britt pre or the jmp-1 model this time, and if you make it for the xl, will you be using the brit pre or the jmp-1 model?
Sup Metal dude? I've only got an AX8 in my arsenal these days. I can export the excel file that will show you my settings for the Def Leppard. My JMP-1 Voodoo Mod contains the new JMP-1 amp.

Sup Metal dude? I've only got an AX8 in my arsenal these days. I can export the excel file that will show you my settings for the Def Leppard. My JMP-1 Voodoo Mod contains the new JMP-1 amp.

Love your settings and presets. But I am confused with what the vodoo mod is what is it?. Which new jmp-1 amp? I know some of your settings have been on the brit pre, so is this one now on the "jmp-1" model they have?

Also your def leppard preset listened to it great as usual, but what sound are you trying to match? Their live sound with phil, or an album or a song? Just trying to line things up with my presets. Thanks to frac tool i was able to covert them ans listen to them Thanks again..

Oh if you look at the axe exchange there is another person who took your preset and uploaded it its just called def leppard, listen to it and look at the specs and i cant find any differnce other than it being louder. Look forward to your reply. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Love your settings and presets. But I am confused with what the vodoo mod is what is it?. Which new jmp-1 amp? I know some of your settings have been on the brit pre, so is this one now on the "jmp-1" model they have?

Also your def leppard preset listened to it great as usual, but what sound are you trying to match? Their live sound with phil, or an album or a song? Just trying to line things up with my presets. Thanks to frac tool i was able to covert them ans listen to them Thanks again..

Oh if you look at the axe exchange there is another person who took your preset and uploaded it its just called def leppard, listen to it and look at the specs and i cant find any differnce other than it being louder. Look forward to your reply. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Metal dude! Ya I did not like the new JMP-1. Crazy right??? So the Brit-Pre stuck with me. Cool that one dude copied me. Only thing is that he's getting my download stats! Bogus! YOU HAVE TO PLAY MY NEW METRO-FRIEDMAN. Would you like the specs for that?

Hey Metal dude! Ya I did not like the new JMP-1. Crazy right??? So the Brit-Pre stuck with me. Cool that one dude copied me. Only thing is that he's getting my download stats! Bogus! YOU HAVE TO PLAY MY NEW METRO-FRIEDMAN. Would you like the specs for that?
Yes, excellent I would it I will check it out and let you know what I think.
You never replied to a couple of the other questions I had though if you can please answer them. "But I am confused with what the vodoo mod is what is it?" "Also your def leppard preset listened to it great as usual, but what sound are you trying to match? Their live sound with phil, or an album or a song?"

Yes, excellent I would it I will check it out and let you know what I think.
You never replied to a couple of the other questions I had though if you can please answer them. "But I am confused with what the vodoo mod is what is it?" "Also your def leppard preset listened to it great as usual, but what sound are you trying to match? Their live sound with phil, or an album or a song?"
Hi Metal,
I'll get you the setting for my Metro-Friedman tonight. The voodoo mod is inspired from this.....

http://www.voodooamps.com/home/Modi...rshallMods1/JMP1Preamp/tabid/150/Default.aspx

I'm mainly trying to replicate the dynamic feel of the preamp mixed with the Marshall poweramp. I'm not really focusing on the EQ curve of the cab. Phil used a Palmer cab simulator. When phil plays live, he using a mishmash of different amp and cab combos. So, I look at it like, what would Phil like. WWPL for short.

Your voodoo patch was awesome. I was up way later then I planned on playing it. The sound its just a thicker sound without changing what it is so to speak. Do you have a real jmp-1 and then jsut adjust it on here in the ax? how do you come up with your settings to match a sound? I know Phil has used a randall power amp for years, on the rig rundown which he has a few up on line he has said he has run the same randall power amp since the 80s just an fyi if you were interested. Rock on man.

Your voodoo patch was awesome. I was up way later then I planned on playing it. The sound its just a thicker sound without changing what it is so to speak. Do you have a real jmp-1 and then jsut adjust it on here in the ax? how do you come up with your settings to match a sound? I know Phil has used a randall power amp for years, on the rig rundown which he has a few up on line he has said he has run the same randall power amp since the 80s just an fyi if you were interested. Rock on man.

Hey Metal!
So, when I'm dialing in these settings, I have to feel it. When I get to that point where, I say...."Oh crap" That' when I know. heheheh. So glad you like 'em. Anyhow. I've attached my Friedman preset. I'll look into the Randal cabs also. I don't have a real JMP-1. I always wanted one. But honestly, the Axe-FX is the best preamp I've owned and smokes every rack preamp out there.

Attachments

• Metro-Friedman.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Mayalvr

I've just had the great pleasure of playing your jmp-1 voodoo mod preset and felt compelled to put "pen to paper". IT TOTALLY ROCKS!!!

I've certainly got a big smile on my face when playing it. Many thanks for sharing:)

Mayalvr

I've just had the great pleasure of playing your jmp-1 voodoo mod preset and felt compelled to put "pen to paper". IT TOTALLY ROCKS!!!

I've certainly got a big smile on my face when playing it. Many thanks for sharing:)

You are welcome Whistler! Good to hear you dig it. It's one of those presets that just let's you play how you feel.

Back
Top Bottom