AFIII PHAT! (Axe FX III fw1.14, Schecter KM6 MKII & OH 412 FMAN content)

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys,

Here's a new track with the latest firmware.
Loving the sound and feel of this device!
I'm running my Schecter KM6 MKII through the Recto 2 mordern amp block for the heavy parts using an OwnHammer 412 FMAN MIX ir from the 412 FMAN six-pack.
Gotta love how those Seymour Duncan pickups make this guitar cut through that recto amp!

For the pitch stuff I used my red Whammy IV.
The pitch whammy on the III is fine but I have a fetish for Whammy's (I have the WH-1 up to the Bass Whammy but the IV is still rad).

For the cab sounds I used the 412 FMAN from OwnHammer that is coming out soon.
The 'MIX' speaker option was used.
All of the speaker options in the 6-pack have such nice mids but this MIX file has that big low end and nice top end like a Recto should have.

Hope you enjoy:

What is the FMAN cab all about?

Glad you asked!

It's a new OwnHammer impulse response back that is based on a Friedman 4x12 cabinet.
Kevin recently wrote a little bit about that, I've copied it here for you:

412 FMAN update time!

Many folks are very excited to get their hands on this, and for good reason. Shortly after starting working on this cab, I was placed in a position of requirement to take on roughly a half dozen other necessary parallel projects, hence one of the reasons that this isn't out just yet. Another reason: it sounded so good and so special that I needed to add more content to do it full justice.

The 6-Pack for this cabinet will consist of the following 6 speakers, which will be offered as singles:

- M25M (modern production)
- M25V (pre-Rola)
- M93 (1993)
- V30M (modern production)
- V30V (1988 Marshall Vintage)
- V93 (1993 Mesa V30)

These alone cover a lot of ground, as they sound very different from one another even within their respective model type. For the 6-Pack exclusively, a blend of all three M25 types will be included as the M25B, and a blend of all the V30 types will be included as the V30B, in addition to blends of those two. The M25V and V93, in my opinion, deserved even more. For the 6-Pack exclusively, the M25V and M93, as well as a 50/50 blend of the two (entitled "MIX"), will be provided in "EMC", or Extended Mic Collection versions. Again, these are provided only for the 6-Pack contents. The EMC's consist of much of the "MMMC" (Massively Multi-Mic Collection) content that many of you became familiar with in the recent Basketweave GNR M25 library. A picture is worth a thousand words, however, so the folder image on the left here shows what the main folder looks like in terms of the included speaker options for the 6-Pack, and the folder image on the right here shows what the breakdown is inside one of the EMC folders.

In terms of progress, the library is all done except the V93 EMC (and subsequently the MIX EMC by dependency), and a couple little tunes I wrote for demonstration media. There is a lot still going on this month on my end, but I will be working as diligently as possible to have this out ASAP! Thanks for the patience, and believe me this will be worth the wait and another epic piece that many, many folks will greatly benefit from! :)

- Kevin

That song is really great!!! Especially that clean part around 0:30, and then the chorus (?) right after. Those chords are tasty.

Hey Jon, looks like I spy a Schecter Banshee Elite in the background. How would you compare that to the KM-7 MK-II? I already own two MK-IIs and while I'd like to add more, I was looking for other options that have most of the same features and quality but are a bit different in looks in order to diversify my arsenal better.

Hey Jon, looks like I spy a Schecter Banshee Elite in the background. How would you compare that to the KM-7 MK-II? I already own two MK-IIs and while I'd like to add more, I was looking for other options that have most of the same features and quality but are a bit different in looks in order to diversify my arsenal better.

Yeah, it's a Banshee Elite 7 indeed!
The neck feels a little rounder and the top isn't carved.
The scale length is 27 inches as opposed to the 26.5 inches on the KM7's.
I don't own a KM7 MKII but I do own a MKI and the KM7 (and KM6) have a more aggressive sound in general.
I'd say that the Banshee has a rounder sound but still with a lot of clarity.
Probably a more versatile guitar...

Does this answer your question? :)

Yeah, it's a Banshee Elite 7 indeed!
The neck feels a little rounder and the top isn't carved.
The scale length is 27 inches as opposed to the 26.5 inches on the KM7's.
I don't own a KM7 MKII but I do own a MKI and the KM7 (and KM6) have a more aggressive sound in general.
I'd say that the Banshee has a rounder sound but still with a lot of clarity.
Probably a more versatile guitar...

Does this answer your question? :)

My bad, I meant to say KM-6 MK-II instead of KM-7 out of habit. haha

Yes, that answers it though! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom