Phasey sound issue

speedloader

Inspired
Hey !

Until now I mostly used the axe-fx with a real cab on stage so I didn't pay attention, but my axe-fx ultra has a strange comb filtering issue, sort of. Actually it's audible through my cab (output 2 left) and of course in my DAW (output 1 left balanced). I can't record and pan multiple tracks without exploding my correlation meter. I tried the "clear sram" hidden function, nothing changed. Also tried some basic patches (different amps alone).

My I/O settings are

input 1/2 left
output 1 mode stereo
output 1/2 phase normal (tried all)
copy out 1 to 2 OFF

Also tried to switch the ground lift.

Any idea ??

https://soundcloud.com/humanseeming/weirdphaseissue

1 track mono / 2 hard panned, mono bus / 2 hard panned / 2 hp, mb / 2hp

Last edited:
Not sure if trolling or knowing the solution.

I cleared the sram because I couldn't overwrite my user cabs anymore. (to begin with)
It didn't generate my phase issue.

Last edited:
Sorry to appear troll-like. Usually messing with the hidden stuff causes more problems than solutions in general.

I don't really hear much phasing going on, but maybe I can't get past how it sounds like there is no cab sim enabled. I'll listen again later.

No problem ! I found more interesting to focus on the amp block alone, even though it's less blatant, but the two last parts include the cab.

Nope ! Good question though, I don't know if it's normal but when I run 2 amp blocks in //, different settings always darken the sound a lot, as if they don't blend but fight each other.

Back
Top Bottom