Wish Phase reverse in cab block

Specifically in the align page, along with negative alignment values for IRs that didn't get auto-trimmed.
This would relieve a bit of tweaking time.
Hi,

Obviously not 100% familiar with your workflow and how you would use the neg alignment values - but a bit of a workaround may be to apply a smidge of smoothing (can literally be 0.01 which will have no impact on the fundamental sound of the IR) which automatically trims the IR back.

Phase reverse would be cool.

+1 on the Phase reverse .... Wouldn't that allow for better IR alignment ? I used to do that when mic'ing a cabinet .... Reverse the phase on one mic and then move it around until I got no sound ( or as little as possible ), then flip the phase back .... That's how I knew my mics were phase aligned as much as possible ....

+1 on the Phase reverse .... Wouldn't that allow for better IR alignment ? I used to do that when mic'ing a cabinet .... Reverse the phase on one mic and then move it around until I got no sound ( or as little as possible ), then flip the phase back .... That's how I knew my mics were phase aligned as much as possible ....
Same for me and I still use it in my DAW with IRs. MPT IRs don't need phase reverse or alignment, but they sound weird if you want to do your own alignment, so I use raw IRs most of the time.

I wasn't aware of that with smoothing, but then smoothing adds another layer of complexity with phase issues.

I think it aplies minimum phase, not auto-trim.
Anyway, +1 to the wish
Oops, wrong terminology.

Either way, if you have an IR with the large leading gap - you can apply a smidge of smoothing that will snap it back to zeroish and allow you to use the Align distance controls to Align without needing to have negative alignment values.

I wasn't aware of that with smoothing, but then smoothing adds another layer of complexity with phase issues.
I think the actual amount of "smoothing" applied by 0.01 would be inaudible from a phasing, or any other, perspective. I could be wrong as I am not in all the technical details, but such would be my experience from tweaking and listening.

I think the actual amount of "smoothing" applied by 0.01 would be inaudible from a phasing, or any other, perspective. I could be wrong as I am not in all the technical details, but such would be my experience from tweaking and listening.
I'll try it later with the new beta. Any kind of filter or process, even minimally, will most of the time have some phase byproduct which is a pain to deal with if you don't have a phase invert available.

Back
Top Bottom