Not a Bug Phase problem with imported OH cabs

I actually purposely look for 'room' IRs in the non-MPT folder to mix with the MPT close-mic IRs. It seems to help the 'room'-ness of it, as long as it is mixed below the close-mic sound. I usually end up 11-13dB below nominal level with these, but it works nicely for this purpose.

For close-mic IRs, I'd recommend sticking to the MPT folder contents....

Last edited:
The OH IR has way too much leading silence. Contact the vendor and ask them to trim the leading silence or open the file in a DAW or .wav editor and trim the leading silence.

There's no reason for an IR to have that much leading silence. All it does is add unnecessary latency.

Sadly I've noticed this on a lot of 3rd party IRs and it makes no sense. It seems like they're just not doing the due diligence to tidy up their Wave files before releasing.

I don't think you should necessarily expect non-MPT IRs to align with each other, or with MPT ones, especially across manufacturers.

That's why MPT IRs exist.

It's not a defect, at least in the OH case, it's a choice he made, because of how it sounds.

Use the MPT versions if you're combining, especially with MPT files, or ones from other makers.

Back
Top Bottom