Phase 100?

The phase 100 is a pretty weird circuit, it has 10 stages but only 6 of them are modulated by the LFO, the other 4 just create fixed notches.
I don't think this can be simulated within a single phaser block, you could start with one of the phase 90 sims and set its number of stages to 10, otherwise set it to 6 and add another phase 90 in series with depth set to 0.

Last edited:
The phase 100 is a pretty weird circuit, it has 10 stages but only 6 of them are modulated by the LFO, the other 4 just create fixed notches.
I don't think this can be simulated within the phaser block, you could start with one of the phase 90 sims and set its number of stages to 10, otherwise set it to 6 and add another phase 90 in series with depth set to 0.
The notches won't be fixed. The notches occur when the phase shift is n*180 degrees where n = 1, 3, 5... Each stage contributes 90 degrees of shift at the critical frequency. Even if some stages are fixed all the notches will move because the overall phase shift is changing. Modulating a subset reduces the depth of the sweep. With 10 stages you're getting a lot of sweep so you don't need to modulate every stage. Modulating a subset also reduces the cost and the sensitivity to VCR mismatch.

Also, that schematic on the web has errors so...

I'd guess you can get pretty close with a 10th order phaser.

I could add a parameter that selects the number of stage to modulate but I don't think it's necessary, simply reduce the sweep depth.

The notches won't be fixed. The notches occur when the phase shift is n*180 degrees where n = 1, 3, 5... Each stage contributes 90 degrees of shift at the critical frequency. Even if some stages are fixed all the notches will move because the overall phase shift is changing. Modulating a subset reduces the depth of the sweep. With 10 stages you're getting a lot of sweep so you don't need to modulate every stage. Modulating a subset also reduces the cost and the sensitivity to VCR mismatch.

Also, that schematic on the web has errors so...

I'd guess you can get pretty close with a 10th order phaser.

I could add a parameter that selects the number of stage to modulate but I don't think it's necessary, simply reduce the sweep depth.
Always a pleasure to be corrected by the master, I usually end up learning something :)

Back
Top Bottom