Phantom power

Rayos

Inspired
Hello!

No; I don't want to feed my AX8 with phantom power, but, starting the sound check for the last gig, one of the men at the stage told me not to connect the XLR to my AX8 until they reset the console because the phantom power was on and it would damage my gear.

So that's the question: will phantom power damage the AX8?

I haven't found any info on that.

Thanks!

Wow. You are fast!!!

Thank you very much.

That's what I expected to read.

Another thing I don't have to worry about.

After 8 gigs or so, I'm starting to get bored at soundchecks. Almost nothing to do, after connecting the xlr.

Just joking. I'm not getting bored at all. I have a lot of fun playing my guitar now at every soundcheck.

If you wanted to be really safe you could use an isolating DI box between the AX8 and the mixer. But that's not necessary.

If it is about being safe I think I'd get that Isolated DI Iaresse said. Wouldn't it be the best way to go?

I was using a Radial J48 DI box. For me, it was about ease of use (just plug it into the provided XLR cable, no extra cables to go bad) and saving space in my very compact gig bag (mono Guitar Tick 2.0).

If it is about being safe I think I'd get that Isolated DI Iaresse said. Wouldn't it be the best way to go?
The blockers work well AFAIK. The DI has additional benefits when you're connecting to random mixers.

[QUOTE = "iaresee, post: 1655581, członek: 9743"]
Moc fantomowa nie uszkodzi AX8.
[/ZACYTOWAĆ]
Muszę cię zasmucić, bo widzisz, że fantom 48v może uszkodzić urządzenie. Mój Ax8 właśnie wraca z naprawy, ponieważ r xlr main nie działa, ponieważ ma fantom

Dziwna Zecz. Czy moze moc electriczny przyszed od innym kerunku.

Translation from Polish: Strange. Instead of phantom power, did an electrical surge come from somewhere else?

Back
Top Bottom