Phantom power on midi in jack?

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I noticed that the III doesn't have a jack for connecting a power supply to phantom power a midi foot controller like the II versions did. Does this mean that the III can power a midi foot controller via the midi in jack without an additional power adapter?

It’s an amazon.com link to a Rocktron MIDI cable that lets you connect a power adapter on one end.
All that cable does is connect the power adapter + & - to the right pins going to the foot controller, right? In that case, you could do the same with a simple patch box with power in and midi in & out, right?

All that cable does is connect the power adapter + & - to the right pins going to the foot controller, right? In that case, you could do the same with a simple patch box with power in and midi in & out, right?
Correct. But it lets you run one cable from your rig to your board. All the power stays back at the rack.

Correct. But it lets you run one cable from your rig to your board. All the power stays back at the rack.
I already have a 9v power through and midi through patch box at the back of my rack. I don't use the power jacks with the II, I did with my old Ultra though.

From what I understand here, I could just move the 9v wires inside from the power in jack to the midi in jack, then connect the the power adapter, then midi in to my controller and midi out to the Axe III.

I just noticed you can't use a 7pin MIDI cable with the Axe-Fx III because it only has 5pin. I was hoping the III would have 7pins and allow higher amps through it like 2A.

Back
Top Bottom