Phantom Power and adding other midi gear.

Narzugon

Power User
I'm currently running a 7 pin midi cable from the Axe XL+ to the MFC MkIII (phantom powered) and want to add a small midi controller to my setup that has some encoders on it. It only has a midi out jack. I have a few questions about connectivity options:

1: I think the cheapest route for me is the FASLINK option. I will not be using the Midi Out or Thru on the Axe but will need to use the Midi In port on the Axe for the new midi controller mentioned above. Is the Midi In port on the Axe still available for use when using FASLINK? I didn't see any documentation saying it's not but want to make sure.

2: The most convenient setup for me would be to continue using the Midi Phantom power option to the MFC while being able to add the new midi device. That way I'm not having to disconnect and reconnect cables when I want to update, backup or program (via MFC Edit) the MFC. The only way I can think of would be a midi merger with phantom power. Does anyone make such a unit? I haven't been able to find anything.

3: Any other suggestions?

Thanks \m/

Back
Top Bottom